Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Prestamos Reno, Nevada
The Business Advisor, is responsible for delivery of the Prestamos’ business technical assistance program. This position will be responsible for supporting clients who have received funding from Prestamos. Support will include developing general and customized trainings based on unique client needs, strategic planning, and additional support in marketing & communications as needed. Determine through client meetings best practices for project management, strategic planning, growth strategies, business plan development, employee development / hiring, and any unique planning/training needed by each client. This position will work in conjunction with all other Business Advisors to ensure the correct information and resources are provided to each unique client situation. Consultant will work with Client to ensure best practices, training, planning and increased business acumen.
- Customer service skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Business Plan & Business Model Canvas expertise
- Advise/lead clients on strategic planning methods
- Team coordination and cooperation
- Strong business acumen
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or related field and/or combination of 4 year degree with experience in business or any combination thereof.
- Experience working with entrepreneurs with business plans, development and communications
- Experience in Asana or other project management software
- Must possess professionalism, ability to multi-task and effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required as position will require travel within the state.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours can be expected.
- The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with diverse small business owners is preferred.
- The ideal person is flexible, positive, and has a sense of humor.
- Must present a positive professional appearance at all times.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish Preferred.
- Desired Qualifications: Having been a small business owner previously is preferred.
- Assess client needs and provide direct business advice and guidance via one-on-one consultation or small group counseling to Prestamos clients, including new and existing loan clients. Monitor each client’s progress and document outcomes. Effectively communicate client needs and observations with other team members, working in tandem to develop action plans needed to assist clients. Connect like clients to facilitate networking opportunities. Conduct business site visits. Promote and increase awareness of client businesses.
- Perform comprehensive review of business plan including marketing plan and financial goals.
- Effectively manage, research and develop training, project management, and strategic planning procedures and processes Develop action plans to achieve goals and monitor client progress
- Remain current with digital marketing trends and best practices.
- Perform comprehensive review of client business model and make recommendations for sustainability and growth strategies for the respective business
- Establish and maintain regular mass communication systems with clients including, but not limited to email, Prestamos’ CRM, Prestamos Website, Webinars, and other electronic communication vehicles.
- Collect, track and enter client data in a timely fashion as required by funders to ensure Prestamos meets it annual goals and outcomes. Maintain client data records in Prestamos’ database related to client services/hours provided. Monitor and assist in the fulfillment of related contracts. Provide outcome reports as requested. Collect necessary compliance forms for deliverables. Track counseling hours; input them regularly into Prestamos’ social impact tracking database.
- Assist in overall mission of Prestamos by working in a team environment to effectively complete other duties as assigned.
- Client Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; listens effectively and establishes and maintains relationships and gains client’s trust and respect.
- Ethics, Integrity and Trust - Considers ethical issues before decisions are made and seeks to achieve results that are in the best interest of CPLC and Prestamos CDFI, LLC.
- Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks, projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
- Self Development and Learning - Personally committed to learning and actively works to continuously develop professionally.
- Teamwork and Collaboration -Works collaboratively; finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all and can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to the team.
- Goal-Oriented - Proceeds with projects and programs while constantly keeping the goal in mind. Translates general goals into practical achievable objectives. Identifies outcomes that are attainable, measurable, specific and time-focused. Measures progress toward goals. Revises goals based on available resources or priority changes.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Informing and Communicating- Proactively communicates information to colleagues up, down and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and goals
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret and discuss analytical data
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to juggle several tasks and prioritize
- Ability to travel statewide as needed
- Community participation during and/or after work hours as needed
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the President. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC and Prestamos CDFI, LLC policies and procedures.