Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Connections AZ
Job Reference #: 26165007
Job ID 2019-2044
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-PhoenixCategory Nursing
Shift Back End Days - Th, F, Sa, rotating W - 7a- 7p
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time.
We are hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) for the Urgent Psychiatric Center (UPC) who assesses consumers and documents pertinent information including Triage, Behavioral Health, Physical Health, and/or Substance Abuse issues. Demonstrates knowledge of Crisis Intervention and the ability to de-escalate potentially aggressive situations and will provide education to consumers and their families regarding Behavioral Health diagnosis, medications, and treatments.
- Assess consumers and documents pertinent information including Triage, Medical/Behavioral Health assessments and medication administration utilizing appropriate assessment tools. Accurately record all medication brought in by patient on medication reconciliation/storage form.
- Plans consumer treatment as part of the Multidisciplinary Clinical team.
- Provides education concerning Psychiatric diagnosis, treatment options and psychopharmacology to consumers, families and all others involved in the consumer's care.
- Intervenes with appropriate verbal interventions to diffuse out of control or potentially dangerous behaviors. Demonstrates ability to effectively use therapeutic option theory and technique and can describe and demonstrate their roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Seclusion/Restraint standards, guidelines, techniques; Initiate documentation and debriefing with consumers for any seclusion/restraint incidents as required.
- Accurately transcribes Provider orders and administers medications as prescribed. Attempt to have patient sign medication consent form. Performs chart checks and signs off as a second noted on medications prescribed. Draw labs and provide wound care as ordered by Providers when required.
- Complete nurse to nurse at discharge or when accepting patient from another facility.
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing program with licensure by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Unrestricted license as Registered Professional Nurse through the Arizona State Board of Nursing
- At least 0-2 years of psychiatric, behavioral health or relevant experience
- 3 years of behavioral health or psychiatric experience
- Previous emergency room or crisis psychiatric care experience
- Familiarity with Court Ordered Treatment process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!