Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant - (pool)
at Connections AZ
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 26174447
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Job ID 2019-2053
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-PhoenixCategory Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
Shift Pool - Varies - Varies
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time. We are hiring Physician Assistants (pool) for the Urgent Psychiatric Center (UPC) to direct, coordinate, and provide medical/clinical services to specified consumers within the facility, including, but not limited to: intervention, assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment planning, medication management, engagement, family meetings, supportive psychotherapy, patient education, risk assessment and discharge planning.
- Performs all essential functions that the MD is responsible for under a standardized delineation of duties that are considered supervised by the MD/DO
- Documents consumer's progress in the clinical record including admission order, progress notes, and discharge orders. Oversees delivery of medication education and consent, according to established policy.
- Orders laboratory tests according to standards of emergency medical practice. Reviews the health assessment completed by nursing staff, obtains a past and current medical history, and conducts a focused physical examination as indicated, according to established guidelines. Initiates contact with Primary Care Physicians and Emergency Room clinicians according to established guidelines.
- Assesses consumers' needs and guides the clinical team while managing treatment plan updates, in addition to initiating contact with Outpatient Behavioral Health Provider according to established guidelines. Reviews and utilizes all available documents from the crisis clinical team.
- Provides necessary information to clinical team regarding inpatient utilization. Utilizes appropriate medication based on best practices.
- Collaborates with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the consumer in addition to working with outside psychiatric providers in crisis and inpatient services. Works with the community to review involuntary petitions, assess involuntary patients, and coordinate with the legal system to follow established guidelines for Court Ordered Evaluation and Treatment.
- Participates in medical staff meetings including regional and quarterly meetings; participates in all required UPC meetings; and participates in any meeting as requested by Medical Leadership. Actively participates in Clinical/Peer Supervision
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona and National Certification
- Unrestricted DEA license
- At least 1 year of experience in the delivery of crisis mental health and/or delivery of family health treatment to children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- DEA X license
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!