Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Specialist UPC
at Connections AZ
Job Reference #: 26141086
Job ID 2018-2025
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-PhoenixCategory Behavioral Health
Shift Pool - Varies - Varies
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time. We are hiring Behavioral Health Specialists for the Urgent Psychiatric Center (UPC) who manage and maintain the safety of the patients and staff. Takes vitals and assists individuals in meeting their needs while on the unit by providing exceptional customer service. Documents services provided and significant interactions in the electronic health record.
- Conducts security screening and inventories property of individuals upon admission to the facility. Provides orientation to the Observation Unit and Short-term Inpatient Unit. Educates patients on their rights under ADHS regulations, grievance process, provides expectations, and explains rules and regulations.
- Intervenes with escalated individuals using therapeutic techniques for de-escalation and performs restraints/seclusions when needed to ensure the individual's safety and the safety of others. Completes 1-to-1 on a patient in seclusion or mechanical restraints Q15.
- Lifts, moves and transports individuals, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention. Assists individuals with activities of daily living to include eating, bathing, dressing, toileting and transferring.
- Conducts and documents individual's vitals and reports all questionable results to the RN/Physician attending the individual. Conducts and documents all BAL, urine drug screens and urine pregnancy tests.
- Attends court ordered hearings when subpoenaed. Must be willing to be a witness on a petition and available to provide testimony at court ordered hearing.
- Documents all services and significant individual interactions in the electronic health record. Monitors and documents patients Q15.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the cleanliness of the facility and designated assigned unit. Performs light cleaning of interior center, collects soiled linen, and launders individuals clothing when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years of behavioral health experience
- Must be able to perform Safe Clinch patient restraint techniques.
- Certified training (Safe Clinch, CPR First Aid, therapeutic options, etc.)
- Completion of CNA or Patient Care Tech program
- Completion of BHT certification
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!