Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Bridges
Community Bridges is one of the largest providers of substance abuse/behavioral health treatment in Arizona. We are looking for a medical scheduler to work at our administrative office in Mesa.
The Medical Scheduler is responsible for providing support to the Utilization Management Department. Responsibilities include monitoring and approximately utilizing medical practitioner schedules and scheduling appointments according to the specific specialties, disciplines and credentialing status of each medical practitioner.
- Schedules appointments according to the specific specialties and disciplines of each medical practitioner
- Fills and distribute daily schedules for doctors and staff
- Coordinates with all programs within the CBI continuum of care in order to fill no show and cancelled appointments with patients requiring medical services.
- Responsible for utilizing telemed system in order to fill medical staff schedules with appointments from the rural areas.
- Knowledge of credentialing status for each physician and nurse practitioner and ensures that patient’s scheduled with each practitioner have benefits through an entity that has credentialed the practitioners.
- Manages a ‘stand by’ list of patients requesting appointments.
- Replaces cancelled and no show appointments with ‘stand by ‘patients.
- Ensures same day availability for ‘urgent appointments’.
- Acts as a backup to the outpatient benefit specialists when there is a need for coverage. In doing so is able to fulfill the copay collection, benefit verification, scheduling requirements and various other duties as assigned..
- Protects each patient’s confidentiality within the parameters of federal guidelines and established policy and process.
- Adheres to established policy and process for this assignment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisory and administrative support.
- Responsible for submitting a daily report of utilization for practitioners that includes the following information:
- Practitioner utilization
- Private insurance patients
- AHCCCS applications and refusals
- Lab order status
- Copays due
- Copays collected
- Other information as required.
Skills & Requirements
HSD / GED required - Associates degree preferred.
Must have a clear 39 month MVR prior to hire.
CBI Offers a great benefits package! Med/Den/Vision/Disability/Life/Cancer/Accident/401K with employer match and 100% vested upon hire. We also offer tuition reimbursement programs and will take care of the cost related to your license. Scholarship Programs also offered! Training provided at no cost for CEUs. The Phoenix Business Journal selected CBI as one of the 2014 Healthiest Employers in the Valley! We have amazing Wellness Programs and Incentives! Join our team of passionate individuals and contribute to the overall success of CBI!