Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Laundry Tech II -
at Community Bridges
Job Title: Laundry Tech II
Department: Facilities Business Services
Reports To: Business Service Manager of Environmental Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Under the leadership of the Environmental Services Business Manager, the Laundry Tech II ensures proper cleaning of linens and other articles that are imperative to the company’s ability to service its clients. This position is responsible for providing a constant supply of clean linens as well as training Tech I staff.
This position helps to ensure the laundry facility is maintained in accordance to various rules and regulations including but not limited to;
- OSHA - Occupation Safety and Health Administration
- ADOSH - Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- AAC - The American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Arizona Administrative Code
- ADHS/OBHL - Arizona Department of Health Services/Department of Behavioral Health Licensure
- CARF - Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- CBI - Community Bridges (CBI) Policies and Procedures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Laundry operations: sorting soiled laundry, loading and unloading of machines, shaking, ironing, folding, sorting and counting clean laundry.
- Inspecting linens for stains and fabrics requiring special care.
- Monitoring machines during the cleaning process and ensuring that items are not lost or damaged.
- Storing and securing supplies and equipment.
- Using proper measurements and processes for chemicals.
- Cleaning the laundry area, including laundry machines.
- Operating related equipment in an institutional laundry setting.
- Working with environment services on the distribution of lines to the sites.
- Counting, grouping, packing and organizing of fresh linens.
- Driving ordered linens to the sites.
- Working with supervisors and staff to identify hazardous conditions and unsafe work practices in the Community Bridges workplace and reports them to management.
- Adhering to all Community Bridges policies and procedures.
In addition to the above responsibilities, a Laundry Tech II will;
- Train other techs to participate in emergency situations, location of emergency equipment, fire alarms, fire extinguishers and emergency exits.
- Train other techs on the process of laundry services responsibilities.
- Work directly with management on issues related to the sites including but not limited to scheduling, service demands and suggestions for improvements.
- Detecting problems with the operation of laundry equipment.
- Be willing to travel to multiple sites during a shift to handle environmental services responsibilities as requested by management.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate/GED preferred.
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must obtain a fingerprint clearance card (program specific), if applicable. (may not need this)
- Must possess a current valid driver’s licenses and meet insurance driving standards.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance; may occasionally be required to lift and/or move heavier items with assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to uphold to physical requirements of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing a ladder, etc.