Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Convenience Store/Gas Station Manager
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Manager oversees the daily operations of a convenience/gas station store. Responsible for all employment and personnel, merchandising, inventory control, financial management and cash handling, and controlling loss prevention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for directly driving sales and profits for the Cocopah Korner Store.
- Oversees and ensures that the overall condition of store comply with company standards including but not limited to cleanliness, food services, store and food sanitation, customer service and merchandising
- Maximizing store profitability, expense control, inventory levels and shortage control
- Serve customers by maintaining our philosophy, supported by a value proposition that every experience will be fast, friendly and of high standard
- Meets with Business Development Manager or Council to review and discuss strategies for the store to discuss financial performance and projections
- Organize and facilitate a meeting to provide progress updates/reassess interventions to improve financial performance
- Engage with merchandising team/vendors to suggest ways to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
- Plan and implement marketing campaigns and sales promotions, and oversees merchandise displays to meet all operational excellence goals
- Ensure all policies and procedures are timely and accurately administered, including performance reviews, compensation transactions, new-hires, terminations, leaves, employee relations, safety and legal compliance matters
- Ensure that all labor management tools are effectively implemented and that labor targets are achieved
- Ensure that allocated store staffing hours are properly scheduled to provide the best level of customer service
- Maintain 100% in-stock operational excellence on top selling items
- Ensure store operations are current on product offerings and promotions
- Identifies future capital expenditure requirements.
- Monitor store activities to ensure that customers receive exceptional customer service
- Develops weekly schedule for his/her team. Reviews and approves weekly payroll.
- Coach and supervise team members in store responsibilities
- Coach and assist team members on how to handle difficult and complicated situations, including employee disciplinary action
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient accounting skills
- Ability to read, review, and interpret financial statements and other reports and documents to affect change
- Strong leadership, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
- Ability to train, develop, coach, and promote team members
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Exercise sound judgment and work with minimum supervision
- Lift or carry heavy stock up to 50 pounds; push or pull up to 128 pounds
- Standing for a long period of time.
- Using a computer on a daily basis
- Moving in and out of Cooler/Freezer
- Bending/Squatting multiple times
- Standing and performing physical labor
- Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred; combination of education and related work experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of direct management experience in the fuel and convenience store industry is required.
- Must have a valid Arizona Driver License and adequate transportation.
Must be able to successful pass DPS/FBI fingerprint background check
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.