Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Elementary School Advisor
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the direction of the Education Coordinator, facilitates the educational progress for the elementary grades; grades 3rd through 5th for all Cocopah students in the public or private schools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise students of their educational standing within their school settings
- Monitors grades and attendance
- Performs on site visits to various schools.
- Maintains continuing contact with parents/guardians of Cocopah students to inform of any progress or problem areas
- Works with school officials to develop individual educational programs or behavioral plans to correct any problems which may limit the progress of students.
- Prepares and submits required reports to the Coordinator
- Assists students with academic support both during and after school.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate (both written and orally) clearly and effectively with students, school staff, department staff, parents and guardians.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Knowledge of educational process at the elementary level
- Knowledge of the Cocopah Tribe and Native American customs and traditions.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of data processing systems.
- Successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment and on-going random drug/alcohol testing.
- Must be able to undergo and pass a Bureau of Indian Affairs background investigation.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred.
- AA in Educational field or any combination of education and experience to successfully carry out assigned duties.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet the Tribal Motor Vehicle Insurance requirements.
Great Fringe Benefits !!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D Insurance, Employee Assistance Program,
401K Plan with Employer Match, Ancillary Benefits (AFLAC, VTL)
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.