Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Casino - Executive Chef
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Coordinates activities and directs training of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers engaged in preparing and cooking foods to ensure an efficient and profitable food service by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, taking into account probable number of guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes, and recent menu.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foods and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food costs, labor needed, all overhead costs and then assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food portions and policies to control costs.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Responsible of schedules and discipline of kitchen personnel.
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, portion sizes and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Tests cooked foods to determine temperature is in safe range, as well as tasting and smelling them.
- Creates special dishes and develops recipes.
- Familiarizes newly hired Chefs and Cooks with practices of kitchen and oversees training of Cook Apprentices.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards for restaurant.
- This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as highly developed training talent.
- Ability to communicate the vision, plans and goals of the Artisan Restaurant to the line staff is of utmost importance.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in high level Foodservice operations
- Must have extensive knowledge of menu planning and COS controls
- Must be able to read, write and understand complex business plans and financial statements
- Must be speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Must be reasonably fluent in advanced math and also the ability to use MS Excel on a daily basis
- Certification by the American Culinary Federation at the Certified Executive Chef level is preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is mandatory
- Must be able to carry out duties under stressful conditions with a fast pace never showing your frustrations to the staff or reducing the quality of the product or performance of the team.
In the Entertainment industry one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke and stress.
NATIVE AMERICAN AND CURRENT EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE POLICIES ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL POSITIONS
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
Please visit Cocopah.com to apply
Have a great day