Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Casino - Assistant Facilities Director
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
This position is located in the Facilities Department under the direction of the Facilities Engineer. In the absences for the Engineer, the Facilities Asst. Director oversees the Facilities Departments, which consists of building maintenance, electrician, landscape and housekeeping. They are accountable for cooperating with other departments, implementing policies and procedures and assuring compliance with the Minimum Internal Control Standards as they affect the department and gaming departments. They maintain good working relationships with other management and insure the objectives.
In the gaming industry one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke and stress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in operations and maintenance of the entire Casino building systems as well as maintaining the landscape of the property and reports to the Facilities Engineer.
- Assists in administrative maintenance duties performed by supervisors and staff.
- Must understand and comply with the System of Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Assures compliance with policies and procedures in a consistent manner.
- Directs workers engaged in performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of building.
- Studies work production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Supervises time and production records.
- Confers with department managers to coordinate individual department needs.
Skill / Requirements
- A.A. or Bachelor's degree from four year college/university in mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Five to Seven years building maintenance and mechanical experience.
- Knowledge of at least one trade for a minimum of five years of good working knowledge with more than one technical skill preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC&R preferred.
- Computer skills required, preferably with Microsoft, Word Perfect, Excel, and able to work with software/hardware designed for facility maintenance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations and interpret blueprints.
- Skilled in written and oral communication necessary to prepare written and oral reports.
- Skilled in conducting staff meetings and independent training.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations as it relates to HVAC, electrical and plumbing industries.
- Ability to work in a smoking environment.
- Must know and understand the State Gaming Compact and operational policy and procedures.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or greater.
- Ability to operate a hand held radio.
- Must be able to be certified by the Arizona Department of Gaming and the Tribal Gaming Office.
- Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment and on-going random drug testing.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.