Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager II
at Child Crisis Arizona
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified Case Manager to join our team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect, and to help build strong families.
- Oversees the case management of youth residing in the group home. This includes the medical and education needs of the residents
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all youth, and maintains awareness of each youth’s status at all times.
- Maintains residential calendar for the group home to ensure all appointments and visits are communicated to the entire team.
- Maintains appropriate and complete documentation in compliance with contract and other standards.
- Coordinate educational needs for all youth in care, which includes but not limited to; enrolling youth in school within contract guidelines, ongoing communication with the school contacts and IEP/Evaluation requests.
- Collaborates with educational team, maintains relationships with teachers and educational supports, and advocates for each child to ensure the success of children in the academic setting.
- Works with youth, individually and in small groups, to meet therapeutic and educational goals identified in their individual service plan.
- Interacts professionally with other parties such as DCS Case Worker, school district, parents, guardians, and other involved parties including Psychiatrist, Psychologists, RBHA, Shelter Aide, Parent Aides, CASA, Tribal Social Services, etc.
- Coordinates visitation/contact of youth with family members and others as deemed appropriate.
- Coordinates appointments including medical, specialty medical, evaluations and others related to child’s welfare as assigned. Coordinates or provides transportation for appointments as required.
- Participates in continuing education and training especially related to the field of child abuse and neglect, educational rights of youth in care, medication side effects and behavioral health.
- Attends team meetings, MDT’s, IEP, school evaluations and other meetings as scheduled by supervisor.
- Point of contact for intake calls to determine if referral is appropriate placement for group home.
- Attends Court on behalf of youth as needed.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments on youth.
- Advocates for services for the youth in care, as appropriate.
- Creates support plans that accurately capture the strengths, needs and culture of the youth and/or family.
- Models Center’s expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience providing case management and/or education support services for youth
- Experience working with youth in the DCS system preferred.
- Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
- Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.