Canyon State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Financial Consultant III (Personal Banker) - Bell Road Branch
at Canyon State Credit Union
As a Personal Financial Consultant III you will:
- Demonstrate a highly motivated, positive, out-going, influential personality with a strong emphasis on sales and results orientation to ensure the credit union maximizes lending and sales opportunities with members.
- Conduct productive interview with members and potential members to identify cross-selling opportunities when opening, processing, and closing all types of accounts, including savings, checking, money market, IRAs, and CDs. Initiate and process the switching of member accounts from prior financial institutions to the credit union.
- Interview members to discuss member's overall financial position and assist in all aspects of the lending process. Look for opportunities to cross-sell other credit union products and services, makes recommendations to borrowers, and if appropriate, makes referrals to the Mortgage Department.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to membership by viewing situations from the member's perspective to effectively respond to their needs and concerns, often going beyond the initial need or expressed concern of the member depending on the situation.
- Through the use of "warm" calling, actively seek qualified opportunities to increase membership and loan volume and residual product penetration.
- Consistently achieve sales goals by overcoming objections with persuasion and persistence. Present appropriate solutions to fit members' needs and enhance the quality and depth of member relationships and profitability.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding credit union services and/or account discrepancies.
- Assist Marketing with membership, product, and service initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute Demonstrates the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation Is keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and company wide goals and is able to prioritize work to achieve funding goals. Demonstrates the ability to excel in a high stress environment and is able to meet goals and deadlines.
Service - Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees can easily understand. Demonstrates patience, respect and empathy when dealing with employees or their complaints. Personifies CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative Motivated self-starter who measure self against standards of excellence. Actively and consistently seeks qualified opportunities to increase loan volume and residual product penetration.
Accountability Demonstrates responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Effective Communicator Persuasive and confident. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees and members can easily understand.
Teamwork Builds rapport with fellow teammates and credit union staff.
- AT least 2 years of customer service and/or cash handling experience required. Previous lending and IRA experience preferred.
- Requires education equivalent to a four year high school education or general education degree (GED). Some post-secondary education or equivalent course work preferred.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing credit union members and projecting a positive image as a representative for the credit union. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines
- Intermediate mathematical skills required
- Knowledge of consumer lending and account opening and closing preferred.
- Requires excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills, ability to listen to members' needs and promote appropriate credit union products and services.
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union!!! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.