Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Assembly Technician
at CAID Industries
- 31-Aug-2018 to 31-Jul-2019 (MST)
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Under general direction, builds, installs and troubleshoots mechanical assemblies, mechanical components, hardware and equipment with a quality and timely focus in order to build special-purpose machinery, robotic work cells and factory automation projects.
- From time to time you may be asked to fulfill the lead role for your discipline.
- Take direction from the Manufacturing Manager or the designated Lead Machine Builder.
- Using the design package and customer specifications for reference; plans and coordinates work required to assemble systems and sub-assemblies.
- Perform machine build integration support and installations tasks.
- Report any issues regarding workmanship or design to the Lead Machine Builder or the Manager.
- Ensure that all print updates are being completed and that rework is properly recorded.
- Using established procedures for "Integration" perform setup and alignment of the system and sub-assemblies. Repair and/or replace defective components of the system as required.
- Work with the project team including project managers, customers, designers, Machine builders and programmers to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete and functional system.
- Assist in providing status of completion information in order to maintain Project Status Sheets.
- Participate in tear down and shipping of the equipment.
- Be an ambassador for CAID Automation at the customer's site, providing a quick and efficient installation of the equipment. Follow all customer health and safety procedures.
- Reassemble equipment to the point of buy-off at the customer's site.
- Provide customer training when required.
- Fill out daily site reports.
- Work with the Manager to be a positive motivating force within the team.
- Communicate and be a channel for any constructive or objective ideas that arise, helping to keep the manufacturing standards up-to-date and at the highest level. Use the team as a pool of technical knowledge, solving problems together efficiently.
- Travel to customer sites as required for installation and re-integration of systems.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the CAID Code of Business Conduct.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules
A Certificate as a Machinist, Maintenance Technician, or equivalent certification.
A completed apprenticeship and/or two to three years of hands-on machine assembly, troubleshooting and maintenance experience. Must be capable of working in a team environment and be able to maintain a positive attitude and consistent contribution.
CAID AUTOMATION, one of the largest metal fabricators in the Southwest is hiring. We fabricate and ship items worldwide ranging from large 100 ton carbon steel heat exchangers to electropolished stainless steel windtunnel components to public art as well as tanks designed to ASME, AWWA and API, using stainless, monel, mild steel, titanium or aluminum to name a few. We are looking for those who are interested in working for a company with state of the art equipment, high quality standards and highly trained, knowledgeable employees.