Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Journeyman CNC Programmer - Machinist
at CAID Industries
- 21-Mar-2018 to 31-Mar-2019 (MST)
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Full Time
CAID Industries Inc. 70+ years in business and one of the largest metal fabricators in the Southwest, is seeking a highly experienced CNC Programmer for full time employment in our Machine Shop. We fabricate and ship items worldwide ranging from extremely tight tolerance aerospace and medical components to large 100 ton carbon steel heat exchangers, electro-polished stainless steel wind tunnel components, public art as well as tanks designed to ASME, AWWA and API, using stainless, Monel, mild steel, titanium and aluminum to name just few materials. We are looking for individuals with a strong desire for personal and professional growth, who are interested in joining a highly motivated and rapidly growing company with state of the art equipment, high quality standards, and highly trained and knowledgeable team members.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience as a CNC Programmer/Machinist, with experience working in an industrial job shop setting. Candidates must have the ability to read, comprehend and interpret blueprints and drawings and be able to successfully demonstrate the safe, efficient and correct operation of machine tools. Candidates must have demonstrable experience with CNC vertical and horizontal mills, CNC lathes including live tooling, CNC boring mills, CNC VTLs with live tooling.
- Using blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts, determine dimensions and tolerance of finished work pieces, sequence of operation, and setup requirements.
- Determine the correct tools required, create documents to communicate this information to the production team.
- Using SolidWorks/MasterCam or SolidWorks/SolidCam, complete all programming requirements, including all machine set-up documents.
- Save and store proven programs, as well as modify if needed existing programs, storing programs electronically.
- Operates various CNC mills and or lathes as needed to assist production with set-up and/or 1st piece QA buy-off.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control data
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Performs dimensional validation using micrometers, calipers, or other relevant measuring tools.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in full-time CNC programming or-
- Have 10 years of experience in a job shop environment programming, setting up, and operating.
- Demonstrable experience with CNC vertical and horizontal mills, as well as CNC lathes.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must be capable of reading blue prints, dimensional data, surface locations, and interpreting geometrical dimensions and tolerancing.
- Language Skills- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of organization.
- Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
- Ability to work a night shift is a plus.
Discover the benefits of working for one of the largest custom automation manufacturers in the Southwest. Here at CAID Automation you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most unique and exciting custom automated projects in Arizona. You never know what the day will bring in terms of variety.
We want our employees to wake up excited to meet the challenges and opportunities of the day so they can focus their energy on building quality products for our customers. We've designed our benefits program to give them the support they need to do their very best.