Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CAID Industries
- 05-Mar-2018 to 31-Mar-2019 (MST)
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Full Time
CAID is currently seeking a Designer to enhance our team.
The Designer is responsible for procuring all data required to develop a detailed design and prepare complete and accurate layouts, models and detailed assembly drawings that can be followed with minimal verbal elaboration.
Essential job functions include:
- Preparation of preliminary and /or schematic diagrams as well as employ a combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop final design
- Communicate with project manager to ensure understanding of technical, commercial and schedule requirements of the assigned project
- Establishes checks and balances for the project to ensure that design requirements are met
- Seeks to maximize the project efficiency and recommends constructability improvements, joint configurations and fit-up details
- May assist in project evaluation during the estimating phase to make design improvement suggestions which could aid in the job's overall profitability and our ability to get the job
- Make regular in-process project reviews. Recommend corrective action when necessaryC
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of job experience in a related industry
- 5 years of experience with Inventor or Solidworks
- Strong familiarity with fabrication equipment and techniques
- Hands-on shop experience
Preferred: Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods and codes associated with structural steel, plate, piping, sheet metals and vessels
CAID is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and fun work environment. Our involvement in multiple technology sectors offers unique development opportunities for all team members. If you're a "can-do" individual looking to excel to the next level by contributing to the unique solutions designed and built by CAID Industries apply now!
We want our employees to wake up excited to meet the challenges and opportunities of the day so they can focus their energy on building quality products for our customers. We've designed our benefits program to give them the support they need to do their very best.