Balsz Elementary School District #31
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Balsz Elementary School District #31
Openings as of 1/17/2018
80 Business Office
- Finance Manager JobID: 350
- Position Type:
80 Business Office/Accounting Manager
- Date Posted:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of school business management.
- Knowledge of auditing requirements and the Uniform System of Financial Records
- Experience in all phases of school district accounting.
- Experience and knowledge in supervision of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear and precise manner.
- Ability to independently analyze issues, solve problems, create plans of action.
- Ability to keep confidentiality of records, correspondence, sensitive information.
- Relates to the public, staff and administration in a positive manner.
- Effectively use a variety of computer programs to include, but not limited to: Excel and complex database programs.
- Manages Extracurricular Tax Credit/Gifts and Donations programs
- Maintains and reconciles general fixed asset listing and performs physical inventory in accordance with the USFR.
- Reconciles district checking accounts.
- Prepare reports on budget, expenses, and revenue for all funds as needed.
- Oversee, input and assist in utilization of the computer system to manage the business and financial affairs of the district.
- Review and reconcile deposits made to the Maricopa County School Superintendent’s Office and the County Treasurer
- Prepare Journal Entries to the General Ledger as needed
- Become knowledgeable and stay current regarding policies, regulations and legal requirements as related to School Finance.
- Assist school office personnel in Finance related questions.
- Assist immediate supervisor in the recruitment and selection of classified staff.
- Attends meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Respond to inquiries for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Prepare State, Federal, and District reports and budgets.
- Prioritize work and decisions in the absence of the immediate supervisor.
- Supervise and maintain department schedules.
- Regular and punctual attendance required to meet essential function of job responsibilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Salary: Grade EX26
Supervises: Non-exempt Accounts Payable and Purchasing staff members
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Applications can be obtained from the Balsz School District office via a website at www.balsz.org. District employees applying for this position are required to submit an application on the website.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and isn’t an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Balsz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.