Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ASU Foundation
Who we want:
ASU Research Enterprise, one of five nonprofit entities that make up ASU Enterprise Partners, is seeking a Technician I to support a new DOD contract.
Arizona State University Research Enterprise (ASURE) is an independent not-for-profit organization focused on applied research and development programs/projects. Affiliated with ASU Enterprise Partners and Arizona State University, ASURE conducts advanced technology development and restricted-access programs for the military, defense and security industry.
The Technician I may provide support to the definition, development, and test phase of hardware and software related programs. The Technician I is expected to act independently at ASURE facilities and “off-site” locations to install, operate, and maintain electronic, mechanical and/or other types of components or equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Perform the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment
- Develop and execute troubleshooting procedures to identify problems and implement solutions in order to maintain system operation
- Perform maintenance and provide technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations
- Perform preventive maintenance and field repair of equipment when possible and order equipment replacements as needed
- Develop conceptual designs and support the preparation of layouts and drawings of components and systems
- Make recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems
- Maintain effective customer communications and relations
- Support engineering activities such as design, prototyping, and test of components and systems
- Support the development of engineering plans and strategies for specific products and processes
- Support the research and analysis of information, such as proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine viability of design or application
- Support the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Identify system enhancements to increase related performance
- Provide daily updates on significant issues to appropriate personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regional and local travel is expected 50% of the time
What you’ll need:
- Possess experience in the U.S. Government, DoD, systems/hardware/software development
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to accomplish program goals despite obstacles, ambiguity, changing requirements independent of direct supervision
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, engineering drawings, schematic /wiring diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
AA degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, industry certifications, industry training, or equivalent experience. A minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience is required. DOD and US military experience strongly preferred.
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time. Applicant must be a US Citizen. Ability to acquire and maintain a DOD Security Clearance is required. Secret security clearance preferred.
This position is contingent upon funding from a federal contract.
Who we are:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a private, nonprofit organization based in Tempe, Arizona, that serves as the resource-raising arm of Arizona State University. We represent a new, innovative and highly efficient model for diversified revenue generation, serving five distinct subsidiaries that provide support for ASU:
- ASU Foundation matches donors with their passions by raising and investing private contributions to ASU programs, faculty and students.
- University Realty LLC cultivates and advances commercial and residential real estate projects to support ASU.
- Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners’ technology transfer, creates a pipeline between ASU and Northern Arizona University inventions and the private sector.
- Enterprise Collaboratory at ASU equips faculty, staff and students to launch innovative and impactful initiatives rapidly.
- ASU Research Enterprise conducts applied research and consults for classified and midrange technology-readiness-level (TRL) services for the defense and security industry.
We employ a diverse team engaged in meaningful work, including fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, filmmakers, inventors, entrepreneurs and volunteers. Each member brings a different perspective to our vision, yet we share a mission to advance the most innovative university in the country.
Advance your career, too. Professional development is highly valued at ASU Enterprise Partners, where employees are encouraged to look across the organization and nurture new areas of interest. Roles often shift as passions are discovered.
Employees and eligible dependents enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; and significant tuition reductions. Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
Must have the ability to manage conflicting priorities in austere environments.
Physical work conditions:
This position requires moderate physical effort to include the ability to lift 50 lbs., carry moderate loads, and climb ladders. You must be able to work flexible hours in order to meet specific deadlines, when needed.
This position requires employees to work office environments and remote non-climate controlled environments. This position may require early mornings, evenings, and alternate shifts to accommodate meetings and events. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
This position will require a tablet computer, mobile communication device ($60 monthly reimbursement), business cards and corporate credit card. Experience with electronic troubleshooting tools, multi-meter, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer preferred.
Contact us today.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
If interested in the Technician I position, please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in ASU Enterprise Partners. Please complete an application on our site by clicking the link below. Our search committee will review all submissions for this position. Selected candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
For more information about ASU Enterprise Partners, we invite you to visit www.asuenterprisepatners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners HR Team