Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Accounting Clerk
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The Finance department of ASU Enterprise Partners (ASUEP) has an immediate need for a part-time accounting clerk for approximately 25 hours per week. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and is responsible for recording transactions, performing reconciliations, reporting, bank transactions, and functioning as back up for other accounting clerk positions. The position will assist with and ensure all processing done is in accordance with applicable foundation policies and donor intent. This position provides quality support for the foundation departments and the university.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with oversight of vendor master list, including setup of new vendors and collection of accurate W-9 information for tax reporting
- Identify and properly code taxable payments for independent contractors, honorariums and other service providers that require MISC-1099’s
- Audit and process disbursement requests
- Process wires, ACH payments and voided checks
- Provide assistance and function as back-up with the ability to handle all accounts payable functions and processes when full-time accounting clerk is out of the office
- Assist with audit of monthly credit card transactions
- Assist with processing and mailing checks
- Assist with quarterly and year-end reconciliations, including workpapers
- Assist with 1099 vendor and expenditure research
- Research outstanding checks to prevent stale dated checks and prepare annual report of unclaimed property
- Organize and file various finance department documents
- Work closely with, Senior Accounting Manager, Controller and other finance personnel
- Other duties and projects as needed to improve/support the finance organization
What you’ll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to ASUEP, its affiliates, University business and confidential prospect information
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Excellent customer relation skills, communication and follow through
- Position is responsible for following ASU and ASUEP procedures and guidelines
- Decision making is governed by ASUEP policy and legal requirements, but some interpretational latitude exists
- Most duties are performed with supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate level MS Excel user
- Calculator/10-key skills
- Accounting knowledge
Associate degree in accounting and two to three years of accounts payable experience, OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Contact us today.
ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org. If interested in the Part-time Accounting Clerk position, please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in ASU Enterprise Partners. Please complete an application on our site by clicking the link below. Our search committee will review all submissions for this position. Selected candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
For more information about ASU Enterprise Partners, we invite you to visit www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
ASU Foundation Office of Employee Relations Team