Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Intellectual Property Services - Physical Sciences
at ASU Foundation
ASU Enterprise Partners– Manager Intellectual Property Services - PhysicalSciences, Skysong Innovations
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
As the top-rated university for innovation, Arizona State is a powerful generator of intellectual capital and technology. Skysong Innovations, a private non-profit organization, disseminates and manages that capital in the marketplace by nurturing relationships between faculty, investors and industry partners. Since its creation in 2003, Skysong Innovations has launched more than 120 startups, which support over 1,000 jobs and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to Arizona’s economy.
TheManager of Intellectual Property Services will work closely with faculty, in-housecounsel and Skysong Innovations business development professionals on obtaining inventiondisclosures, evaluating them, and monitoring the preparation of patentapplications. Additionalresponsibilities may include presentations to faculty, IP report generation andanalysis, managing interns, and special projects.
What you'll do:
· Interact closely withASU faculty to monitor their research activities and to solicit and assist withthe completion and submission of invention disclosures
· Work with facultyto explain ASU’s technology transfer activities particularly with regard toinvention disclosures, the patent application process and Skysong Innovations standardprocedures and practices
· Makepresentations to faculty and student groups
· When needed, workwith in-house patent counsel and ASU inventors in crafting responses to patentoffice actions and other information requests
· Work withinternal leadership and the Skysong Innovations business development team to prepare reportsand presentations communicating strategies, activities, and results obtained inthe solicitation and management of intellectual property
· Supportresearchers on intellectual property matters related to grant proposals forfunding from public and private sources
· Provide duediligence support to the Skysong Innovations business development team to assist informulating strategies and action plans to bring innovations to market
· Other duties asassigned
What you'll need:
· An advocate’sbelief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
· Ability toevaluate a wide range of Physical Science based technologies with respect totheir commercial potential and application as/to products and processes in realworld applications
· Providebest-in-class IP services to faculty and staff
· Team-orientedstrategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous andsometimes competing constituencies
· Collaborativestyle, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-basedenvironment
· Ability tomaintain a high-degree of confidentiality and responsibility regardinginformation related to Skysong Innovations, ASU Enterprise Partners and University business andconfidential prospect information
· Strong andcollegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person,writing, and by phone with co-workers, faculty, researchers, administrators andindustry
· Ability to workboth independently and as part of a team
· Problem solverwho can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Ability torepresent and promote the institution
· Attention todetail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Highly organizedand able to handle multiple projects
· Adept atnavigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communicationplans
An advancedtechnical degree in the Physical Sciences (preferably a Ph.D.) is required. Theincumbent will also be expected either to have, or to obtain within one year,admission to the US Patent Bar (as either an agent or attorney).
SkysongInnovations, through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensationand benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k)plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on Skysong Innovations, visit our existing web site at www.skysonginnovations.com
Skysong Innovations is an equal opportunity employer