Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ASU Foundation
ASU Enterprise Partners – Communications and Marketing – Director Communications
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The Director of Communications supports ASU EnterprisePartners (ASUEP) mission, vision and values by helping shape strategies that elevatethe ASUEP brand and its subsidiaries. In this role, the Director is responsiblefor supporting strategic communications initiatives that create and build astrong brand for the organization and grow and maintain its recognition as anentrepreneurial, innovative model for resource raising in higher education.
What you’ll do:
· Work with vice president of communications to develop internal (ASUEP, ASU audiences) and external (higher ed peers, donors, influencers) strategy for shaping and positioning the ASUEP brand
· Partner with ASUEP leadership, subsidiaries, and ASU stakeholders to devise and implement communications plans in support of announcements, programs, and initiatives
· Serve as ASUEP’s point of contact for ASU’s Office of Media Relations & Strategic Communications, with primary responsibility for supporting university rollouts relevant to ASUEP and/or its subsidiaries
· Develop, in coordination with ASU, communications strategy, tactics, and key messages on external ASUEP issues and activities
· Represent ASUEP’s interests in media activities, both independent from and in collaboration with ASU’s media team
· Oversee crisis communication protocol, enterprise communications policies related to public information and social media
· Provide support and guidance to ASUEP leadership on public relations matters
· Promote ASUEP and subsidiary leaders as subject matter experts through a variety of channels, including speaking engagements, media outreach, and social media
· Monitor internal and external news for potential public relations trends, issues, or opportunities for ASUEP and its subsidiaries
· Leverage monitoring tools such as Cision to track social sentiment and media coverage
· Work with social media specialist to elevate ASUEP CEO across social channels
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop the best ways to convey key messages and promote initiatives
· When appropriate, write and edit stories on newsworthy ASUEP and/or subsidiary work
· Develop talking points, provide media training, prep spokespeople and serve as spokesperson as needed
· Work with partners across ASUEP and ASU to ensure all communications are appropriately timed and rolled-out
· In collaboration with creative staff when appropriate:
o Write and edit collateral such as video scripts, email messages, infographics and website materials
· In collaboration with editorial staff when appropriate:
o Identify, write and distribute stories for Impact magazine, website(s), social media, news sites, internal communication
· Ensure content is consistent, relevant, and distributed appropriately
· Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
· Experience in public relations and strategic communications
· Excellent writing skills
· Experience in brand management
· Experience in media relations
· Experience in crisis communication and the ability to advise as a representative of Enterprise Partners
· Proven ability to work independently and take initiative to problem solve, be strategic
· Collaborative style and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Relentless attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
· Familiarity with all forms of social media and understand how to use each platform to its full potential
· Excellent time-management skills and an ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to act diplomatically and effectively with university colleagues as a representative of Enterprise Partners’ interests
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential information
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
· Ability to represent the institution well
· Ability to provide quality customer service
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent), Word and commonly used web browsers
· Demonstrate ability to be flexible in a dynamic, changing environment and available for leadership and external engagement outside of normal work hours as required.
· Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related discipline AND at least 5 to 8 years of related experience in communications.
Contact us today.
ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org. If interested in the Director Media Relations and PR, please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer