Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASU Enterprise Partners - Recruiter - Human Resources
at ASU Foundation
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The recruiter will administer and participate in the development and implementation of recruiting strategies and services for the ASU Foundation (ASUF) that support an innovative and effective organization-wide talent management program with focused attention on talent acquisition. The position will be responsible to administer recruitment lifecycle activities for ASUF which include cultivate relationships internally and externally, act as a professional partner and resource to leadership and staff, build recruiting collateral and foster relationships with fundraising and other resource raising professionals nationwide.
What you’ll do:
- Provide services, support and expertise to ASUF leaders for strategic recruitment initiatives
- Continuously evaluate, improve and manage the recruiting life cycle for positions to include sourcing, assessments, screening, interviewing, reference checking, offering and onboarding
- Consult with leadership and build strong working relationships to proactively identify strategic direction, workforce planning/hiring needs and search opportunities
- Plan, develop and coordinate effective recruitment strategies to identify and engage qualified and diverse candidates
- Effectively source qualified talent and build a pipeline through a variety of options including former staff, alum, industry contacts, networking at area and regional conferences, internet sourcing (external website, online career boards, social media) and employee referrals
- Manage the applicant selection process including screening of applicant resumes, interviewing, reference checking/pre-employment background checks, and providing support in the following ways:
- Provide support by advising/guiding/training on the use of social media, access and usage of Applicant Tracking System, and interviewing skills and techniques
- Keep hiring teams informed of progress and provide feedback to support effective selection of high quality candidates
- Help ensure a positive experience for candidates in their interactions with ASU EP and subsidiaries
- Serve as primary contact for candidates throughout the interview process and provide candidates an overview of position, organization, process and progress throughout the search
- Oversee the new hire onboarding experience, ensuring smooth transition and a high-level experience for the new employee and hiring manager
- In conjunction with the senior director of workplace learning, help coordinate, facilitate and promote employee training, growth and career advancement through our professional development opportunities for all levels of staff
What you’ll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Must have experience with managing multiple high level professional job openings on a regular basis
- Experience with recruitment reporting and metrics
- Experience with workforce planning, sustainability and employer branding preferred
- Knowledge of employment laws, with solid understanding of legal/illegal pre-employment inquiries and behavioral interviewing techniques is required
- Excellent knowledge of recruiting techniques (cold calling, internet sourcing, social media) and employment policies and procedures
- Experience working as an in-house recruiter and member of an HR team
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Outlook
- Experience with Workday HCM and Recruiting a plus
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or a related field required. Advanced degree and/or professional certification (e.g. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP) preferred. A minimum of five years of experience in human resources related areas, specifically recruitment. Prior experience in non-profit/fundraiser/education recruiting a plus.
Contact us today.
ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on ASU Enterprise Partners, visit our web site at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
If interested in the Recruiter position, please apply online at www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in ASU Enterprise Partners. Please complete an application on our site by clicking the link below. Our search committee will review all submissions for this position. Selected candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
For more information about ASU Enterprise Partners, we invite you to visit www.asuenterprisepatners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners HR Team