Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director and Grant Writer
at ASU Foundation
ASU Foundation - Assistant Director and Grant Writer
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
What you'll to:
· Develop effective and compelling grant materials, proposals, case statements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, progress and stewardship reports, and other corporate and foundation communications
· Research and analyze information and data for proposal development
· Work with Research and Prospect Management (RPM) to produce profiles of corporate and foundation prospects including: history and background, organizational leadership, financial capacity, philanthropic priorities/giving patterns and ASU affiliations
· Meet with internal and external constituents to develop and implement corporate and foundation strategies
· Create and disseminate a pipeline of applicable RFP’s among research advancement staff, faculty and researchers at the university
· Work with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Research Initiatives office to determine translational proposal opportunities for philanthropic grants
· Prepare forms, attachments and other collateral material for proposals
· Prepare customized proposals according to each corporation’s and foundation’s guidelines
· Create customized budgets and develop project summaries for use in the field and in reporting
· Coordinate successful proposals with appropriate personnel and departments
· Apply for renewal grants
· Administer the acknowledgement letter and grant agreement process
· Maintain all hard and electronic files for all donors and potentialdonors
· Prepare presentations and other written materials for events related todonors and potential donors
· Maintain an active, current body of knowledge relative to the College ofLiberal Arts and Sciences
· Oversee the development of a library of commonly-required data essentialto effective grant-writing
· Perform other editorial assignments and projects as assigned
What you'll need:
· Demonstrated experience in grant or proposal writing with a track record of success in securing large gifts from corporations and foundations
· Ability to synthesize complex ideas into coherent, compelling proposals seeking major philanthropic support from foundations and corporations
· Excellent proofreading and editing skills and precise attention to detail
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to foundation and university business and confidential prospect information
· Ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies in an academic community
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Understanding of the unique nature of corporate and foundation philanthropy as it relates to higher education
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as a New American University
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
· Ability to learn appropriate levels of information about a broad range of academic disciplines and interdisciplinary areas
· Knowledge of all facets of the proposal development process, including prospect identification, project research, proposal creation, and budget development
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field, AND four years of related writing experience. Strong preference for individuals with proposal or grant writing experience.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org.
If interested in the grant writer position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers or https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/#careers.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!