Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director and Grant Writer
at ASU Foundation
ASU Foundation - Assistant Director and Grant Writer
What we do:
ASUs Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
As a part of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Development team , the grant writer is responsible forwriting successful proposals and supporting materials to private foundationsand corporations. The grantwriter also works collaboratively with ASU faculty, staff, and developmentcolleagues to write, edit, review, and prepare proposals for final submissionto philanthropic funders as a strategic thought partner and proactive prospect researcher.
What you'll to:
· Develop effective and compelling grant materials, proposals, casestatements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, progressand stewardship reports, and other corporate and foundation communications
· Research and analyze information and data for proposal development as athought leader with faculty, researchers and development staff
· Work with Research and Prospect Management (RPM) to produce profiles ofcorporate and foundation prospects including: history and background,organizational leadership, financial capacity, philanthropic priorities/givingpatterns and ASU affiliations to align with faculty strength
· Meet with internal and external constituents to develop and implementcorporate and foundation strategies
· Disseminate the RFP Alert among faculty and researchers at the university
· Work with the Fulton Engineering Office of Research and Innovation todetermine translational proposal opportunities for philanthropic grants
· Work with the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations at the ASUFoundation to connect on proposal engagement, best practice and communication
· Work with Fulton Engineering gift officers to develop opportunitieswithin specific units and schools
· Be proactive in researching and building connections with foundationsand program officers
· Prepare forms, attachments and other collateral material for proposals
· Prepare customized proposals according to each corporation’s and foundation’sguidelines
· Create customized budgets and develop project summaries for use in thefield and in reporting
· Coordinate successful proposals with appropriate personnel anddepartments
· Apply for renewal grants
· Administer the acknowledgement letter and grant agreement process
· Maintain all hard and electronic files for all donors and potentialdonors
· Prepare presentations and other written materials for events related todonors and potential donors
· Maintain an active, current body of knowledge relative to ASU
· Oversee the development of a library of commonly-required data essentialto effective grant-writing
· Perform other editorial assignments and projects as assigned
What you'll need:
· Demonstrated experience in grant or proposal writing with a track recordof success in securing large gifts from corporations and foundations
· Ability to synthesize complex ideas into coherent, compelling proposalsseeking major philanthropic support from foundations and corporations
· Excellent proofreading and editing skills and precise attention todetail
· Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicateeffectively
· Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire towork in a team-based environment
· Ability to maintain a high degree ofconfidentiality and responsibilityregarding information related to foundation and university business andconfidential prospect information
· Ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies in an academiccommunity
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, andPowerPoint
· Understanding of the unique nature of corporate and foundationphilanthropy as it relates to higher education
· Problem solver who can take initiative and set prioritieswhile being flexible
· Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
· Ability to represent the institution well
· An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as a New AmericanUniversity
· Adept at navigating complex environments with evolvingpriorities and communication plans
· Ability to learn appropriate levels of information about a broad rangeof academic disciplines and interdisciplinary areas
· Knowledge of all facets of the proposal development process, includingprospect identification, project research, proposal creation, and budgetdevelopment
Bachelor’s degree,preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field,AND four years of related writing experience. Strong preference for individuals with proposal or grant writingexperience.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the grant writer position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation for A New American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer