Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant / Associate Director of Development - Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering
at ASU Foundation
ASU Foundation – Assistant / Associate Director of Development – Ira A. Fulton School of Engineering
The ASU Foundation is a private non-profit organization that identifies, encourages and engages private supporters to advance the success of Arizona State University as a New American University.
The foundation works with donors to determine their motivations and aspirations and matches those passions with investment opportunities at ASU.
We especially welcome candidates who are eager to apply best practices in fundraising towards cultivating a culture of philanthropy throughout the ASU community.
The Assistant / Associate Director of Development for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering is a dynamic professional who will work collaboratively with the ASU Foundation and with academic leadership in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering joining a collaborative and expanding team of fundraisers, faculty, staff and leadership. The principal activity of the assistant / associate director is to be externally focused, with responsibility for engaging a portfolio of individuals, corporations and foundations who have a potential affinity with ASU. The assistant / associate director’s effectiveness will be evaluated on their ability to achieve financial goals and contact metrics consistent with the programs and prospects assigned. The assistant / associate director reports to the senior director of development for the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute overarching development strategy for engineering in conjunction with the development team
- Work with development colleagues, volunteers and academic leaders to identify, cultivate and solicit annual, major and planned gifts
- Develop and submit written proposals, budgets, and other collateral materials as needed for securing philanthropic investments
- Proactively manage a portfolio of major gift ($25,000+) prospects regionally and nationally, developing and executing strategies leading to solicitation and investment that leverage the donor’s interests and connect them to ASU’s opportunities
- Travel when necessary to execute strategic development plans for regional and national major donor prospects
- Responsible for core fundraising metrics including face-to-face visits with prospects, identification of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving from the prospect portfolio, major gift proposals submitted, and dollars raised
- Ensure proper stewardship and recognition of donors in portfolio
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Dean, chairs, directors, and faculty members
- Assist Humanities units with all aspects of development, including the creation of unit development plans
- Participate, as a member of the ASUF development team and serve as a resource to development colleagues regarding fundraising opportunities
- Work creatively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities
- Other duties assigned
What you’ll need:
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Foundation and University business and confidential prospect information
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development/fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Self-starter able to secure personal appointments and qualify new prospects
- Demonstrated achievement in securing philanthropic investments
- Ability to travel nationally when necessary to engage and solicit major prospects
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed proposals and related materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working in donor/prospect computer data base systems
- Documented success in personally implementing sophisticated, multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful gift closure
- Demonstrable experience in stewardship plans leading to additional investments
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings and weekends to accommodate meetings and events
- Ability to meet demanding work schedule expectations
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three to five years successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education.
Contact us today.
The ASU Foundation through ASU Enterprise Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan and reduced tuition at ASU.
For more information on the ASU Foundation, visit our web site at www.asufoundation.org. If interested in the Assistant / Associate Director of Development – Engineering position, please apply online at www.asufoundation.org/careers.
The ASU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We appreciate your interest in ASU Enterprise Partners. Please complete an application on our site by clicking the link below. Our search committee will review all submissions for this position. Selected candidates will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
For more information about ASU Enterprise Partners, we invite you to visit www.asuenterprisepatners.org.
ASU Enterprise Partners HR Team