Arizona Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Account Specialist - Chandler Branch (Germann & Gilbert Rd.)
at Arizona Federal Credit Union
An exciting opportunity to become a financial services professional awaits you at Arizona Federal. Arizona Federal Credit Union is currently seeking dynamic, energetic and service-oriented people to join our team as Membership Specialists.
Arizona Federal provides financial services and expertise to over 130,000 members (and counting) throughout the Valley who have decided that there’s a much better alternative to mega-banks. As a not-for-profit, membership based organization, our motives are pure – to create value for our member-owners. We do this by helping them to achieve their financial goals and to reduce their stress through empowerment and financial education. We’re also committed to equipping our members and staff with technology (mobile apps, tablets, etc.) that saves time and increases convenience.
Membership Specialists are enthusiastic and knowledgeable individuals who welcome and enroll new members, and then serve as their personal financial experts helping them to manage their finances, obtain loans, acquire insurance, and activate other benefits of membership.
Arizona Federal offers a generous benefits package, including Education Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Health Care Coverage including Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan with company contributions.
Skill / Requirements
Hours for the branch are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and Sat 9am - 1pm
Potential candidates who have a strong commitment to Member/Customer Service must also have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED
- One (1) year experience in a financial institution, or six (6) months experience with Arizona Federal required
- Cash handling, new account, consumer lending and/or loan processing experience is preferred
- Must register as an MLO
- Knowledge of PC software applications in Windows and Word required
- Ability to type 45 words per minute
- Ability to read, write, speak and use proper grammar in English
- Ability to read interpret and analyze written instructions, correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to write simple business correspondence
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to speak effectively to members regarding sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to speak effectively presenting information to groups of members
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding when dealing with problems involving variables in standardized situations
- Ability to calculate rates, ratios and percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger keys accurately when using calculator machines or computer keyboards; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to travel independently to department and branch locations. NOTE: The requirements listed in the above qualifications and essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical demands or work environment required or encountered that must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.