Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GROUNDSKEEPER LEAD-POLYTECHNIC CAMPUS
at Arizona State University
Groundskeeper Lead - Polytechnic campus
Arizona State University
FDM FM Polytechnic
Facilities Development and Management, Polytechnic campus, seeks a Groundskeeper Lead to lead Groundskeepers in the maintenance of grounds and grounds construction activities to provide for a visually inviting, safe and aesthetic environment for students, faculty, visitors and staff.
To be determined
- Maintain grounds and roads e.g. plant, remove debris, water; operate and maintain landscaping tools and equipment
- Coordinate and assign work to Groundskeepers in the maintenance of shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, sprinkler systems and area watering lines
- Train and assist in providing orientation to new employees
- Inspect work of personnel and recommend corrective measures to meet established standards
- Maintain labor and cost records and requisitions materials, supplies and equipment as required
- Operate large power and field mowers, hand tools, high pressure power washer, stake bed truck and large vehicles associated with grounds maintenance and landscaping activities
- Schedule and coordinate irrigation and watering activities as required in assigned areas
- Trim and prune a variety of trees and shrubs
- Operate a boom truck to trim trees
- Coordinate irrigation and watering activities within area of specialty
- Pick up litter and empty outdoor trash/recycling cans
- Spray for weeds and insects using unrestricted chemicals as required
- Perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required
- Assist in the maintenance of roads, parking lots and other surfaces including asphalt repairs
- Perform maintenance, and install/remove outdoor signage
- Use ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday; 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Three (3) years of grounds maintenance experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieve. Employee may be required to possess a valid US Driver’s license of the appropriate class and required endorsements throughout employment.
- Grounds maintenance in a university/higher education setting
- Customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Turf maintenance
- Irrigation repair
- Plant knowledge
- Planting shrubs and trees
- Driving riding mowers
- Principles of horticulture
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Activities regularly require long periods of exposure to external elements indigenous to a desert environment, weather, potential exposure to venomous insects, insecticides, herbicides and fertilizers. Regularly required to operate a variety of landscaping equipment, tools and machines requiring extended periods of walking over uneven and occasionally rocky surfaces, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds. Regular use of mowers, trimmers, edgers, shears, spreaders, hoses, hand and power tools/machines. May regularly operate a motor vehicle as assigned. This position receives regular review of daily work tasks to ensure adherence with established standards for quality, aesthetics, and quantity. Stand for long periods of time. Walk and inspect campus.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seeks candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the ASU Polytechnic Campus, 6045 South Sagewood, Mesa, AZ.
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meet the minimum and desired qualifications stated in this requisition.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 48027BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.