Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Secretary Flagstaff
at Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind
Job Reference #: 1642
Openings as of 3/19/2019
- Administrative Secretary-1642 Flagstaff JobID: 1642
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Administrative Secretary
- Date Posted:
North Central Regional Cooperative
|CLASS SUMMARY |
The Administrative Secretary is the first level of a four level Administrative Support series. Incumbents are responsible for performing entry level work involving routing support activities.
Incumbents are responsible for performing simple, routine support activities including duties such as answering phones; greeting visitors; sorting and distributing mail; performing data entry for attendance and mailing lists; registering students; processing mailings; scanning information into computerized systems; assisting in scheduling rooms; making copies and filing activities; and keeping the office in a tidy and orderly state.
Position will be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or related duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Experience with performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers and receiving clients or guests.
•Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
•Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on State business
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have the manual dexterity to key 45 wpm on a routine basis.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit, organization including federal and state laws.
DEMONSTRATED SKILL/ABILITY TO:
• Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Scheduling and coordinating meeting and conferences.
• Plan, coordinate, analyze and establish priority.
• Records management and accurate data entry.
• Use of a variety of office and school equipment.
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
|For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov |
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
To apply, click the link below.