Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resource Family Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Arizona’s Children Association is looking for an on-call Resource Family Specialist to join our Sierra Vista office!
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
As a Resource Family Specialist you will be responsible for licensing foster homes, licensing HCTC homes, certifying adoptive families and/or completing assessment home studies for ICPC referred families. This positions collaborates with community partners and governmental agencies in the geographic/demographic areas assigned.
- Assists families with completing paperwork for home study processes.
- Writes comprehensive studies about interested families, evaluating skills and appropriateness for kinship placement, foster care licensure and/or adoption.
- Monitors homes ensuring licensing standards, state laws and regulatory requirements are being met.
- Maintains timely and accurate client records in compliance with AzCA and governmental requirements.
- May assist or be responsible for training for adoptive, foster care of kinship families.
- May assist or be responsible for writing recruitment plans and implementing or participating in recruitment activities.
- May assist with coordinating the sharing of information for adoption matching procedures for children and families.
- May assist or be responsible for facilitating support groups and/or orientation.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and electronic medical records.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer