Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Would you like to have a rewarding career at a statewide non-profit making a difference right in your own community? Do you want to positively impact the lives of children and their families? We are looking for a Parent Aide to join our team! This position is a home office supporting Globe, Arizona. As a Parent Aide with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to increase caregiver protective capacities so that the parents/caregivers have the cognitive, behavioral and emotional capacities to protect their children from harm and danger; children can remain in or return to the care of their parents/caregivers; and the likelihood of repeated reports of abuse or neglect is reduced or eliminated. You will be working together with clients to achieve positive outcomes by engaging the family in a structured, individualized, team planning process that is relevant to the family needs and providing supervised visitation between children in out of home care and their parents, siblings or family members. **Home Office - Travel Required**
Founded in 1912, Arizona???s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Eligibility for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans the first of the month following 30 days of employment
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
* Engages children, caregivers and parents in a manner that is, respectful, trauma informed and supports the goal of family reunification.
* Arranges for and supervises visitation between children in out of home care and their parent(s)/family member(s).
* Follows ADCS (Arizona Department of Child Safety) direction as to the location, frequency, duration and who may be present during the visit.
* Is present during the entire visit to ensure the safety and welfare of the child (ren).
* Ensures that all contact occurring during the entire visit between the child and the parent(s) or family member(s) is within the Parent Aide's hearing and sight at all times, and that discussions are audible and understandable to the Parent Aide.
* Observes, monitors, and assesses the client's parenting skills, and provides guidance and/or coaching as needed while client is interacting with their child (ren), and/or when there is opportunity to reinforce learned behaviors.
* Ensures that visitation occurs at times that are convenient to children, families, including evenings and weekends.
* Develops and maintains documentation of client interactions, including the child’s reactions before, during and after visitation.
* Maintains client records and files in a complete and efficient manner, meeting all required deadlines.
* Utilizes community, social, education and recreational resources to assist client in obtaining services for themselves and their family.
* Provides transportation for children to and from the visitation, as needed.
* Safely and effectively monitor client activities.
* Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of related experience in human services field
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer