Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
We are currently seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioners. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for assessment, treatment, medication management, counseling and coordination of care for patients ranges from age 2-17. If you are a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is looking for an opportunity where you can impact the life of a child, this might be just the opportunity for you! We offer flexible work schedules, NHSC Loan Repayment options and a competitive benefits and salary package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides appropriate care in a timely and safe manner, or recommends higher level medical care if necessary
* Conducts psychiatric evaluations and counseling assessments
* Provides medication monitoring, adjustment and prescription renewals, making adjustments and changes to medication when appropriate
* Orders laboratory tests according to standard medical practice
* Reviews the health assessments and obtains a past and current medical history
* Conducts a focused physical examination according to established guidelines
* Initiates contact with Primary Care Physicians and Emergency Room clinicians according to established guidelines
* Facilitates counseling interventions, psycho education, illness self-management, and family/stakeholder involvement.
* Documents patient’s progress in the clinical record including admission order, progress notes, and discharge recommendation.
* Completes medication forms according to established policy. Completes medication education and consent when possible.
* Knowledge of crisis planning and intervention; assists with patient petition, in-office crisis, and after-hours crisis needs when appropriate
* Master’s degree or higher with major in Nursing
* Must have a current DEA certificate
* Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in a psychiatric/behavioral health setting
* Must be certified as a Psychiatric/Mental/ Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner and
* Must have prescribing privileges through the Arizona State Board of Nursing
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy
* Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance
Tags: Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Bilingual Nurse, Outpatient Nursing