Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
As an Intake Clinician, you would be responsible for all aspects of the initial assessment of clients and their family situation for intake into the respective behavioral health program, including interviewing, gathering data for a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, making a clinical diagnosis, and completing the interim service plan. You will also be interacting with internal and external customers, other community professionals including staffing meetings, and providing consultation or advocacy.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off and 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits!
* Conducts a comprehensive psychosocial assessment and makes treatment recommendations, summarizes primary presenting issues, identifies child/family strengths, and formulates a diagnosis based on this initial interview.
* Builds rapport and credibility simultaneously with varying member/age groups. Relates to variety of individuals with warmth, empathy, acceptance and humor.
* Develops interim service plans that identify the next steps taken after intake by the provider and person/family, and what issues are to be addressed for ongoing assessment.
* Provides effective crisis assessment including the following of program triage protocol, arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as indicated by protocol, provides for follow-up, normalizes situation, discusses options and handles situation calmly.
* If no behavioral health problem exists, refers client to an appropriate community resource.
* Conducts educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment services, including therapy, behavior management, psychiatric evaluations, medication, diagnosis, parenting skills.
* Performs duties with knowledge and skill in group processes, establishes group commitment to common goals, establishes an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
* Performs duties using knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing DSM-IV criteria.
* Understands human development and family life cycle in children and families and demonstrates application of this knowledge in assessment and diagnosis.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Master Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Arizona Licensure (LISAC, LMSW, etc) highly preferred
* Arizona state license/certification required.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Able to operate common office equipment and have word processing computer skills.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer