Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Infant Mental Health Clinician / Therapist
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Are you looking for a career in a friendly, supportive work environment with a great team of co-workers? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an Infant Mental Health Clinician in our Chandler office. As an Infant Mental Health Clinician with Arizona's Children Association you would act as a specialty provider that is accessible by staff and families as a resource for the Birth to Five (5) years of age population.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Schedule
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts a full assessment utilizing the program specific protocol, including verbal and written diagrams, summarizes central issues, themes and agreements reached, develops operational problem definition, assess structural functioning of individual in relationship to environment/ milieu/family, conducts thorough child/family strengths and needs assessment.
* Engages the child/family using fluidity techniques for taking position of different family members as needed.
* Develops and implements successful intervention techniques including identifying the treatment method, establishing treatment plans that identify problems, goals and measurable objectives that are achievable in a reasonable time frame, interventions/strategies that address the assessment issues, and maintains timely progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives.
* Uses interventions and normal developments milestones to move the family through treatment and to identify what services or natural supports are needed to assist in the consumer’s success.
* Conducts educational activities to promote client understanding of treatment issues including medication, diagnosis, parenting skills, etc.
* Provides individual and family therapy to clients under age 5. Has an understanding of play therapy and how to engage a young child and family in therapy. Uses activities and measures to gain a further understanding of the consumer’s limitations and needs.
* Provides effective crisis management including the following of program triage protocol and treatment methods, responds in a timely manner, provides for follow-up care, normalizes situation, discusses options and handles situation calmly.
* Plans for client treatment discharge/case closure including establishing treatment plans that addresses projected length of care and discharge criteria, helping the family plan and prepare for discharge needs, maintaining progress notes that reflect movement towards goals/objectives. Makes follow-up referral as needed.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Master’s degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* AZ BBHE licensure preferred.
* ITMHCA certification preferred.
* Minimum 2 years experience working with the Birth to Age 5 population.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word).
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer