Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Independent Living Specialist II
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for helping others and making a positive impact on your community? Are you looking for a day filled with variety and challenges? As an Independent Living Specialist II with Arizona's Children Association, that's what you'll experience every day. The Independent Living Specialist II is primarily responsible for assisting young adults in their transition from foster care to an independent, sustainable living environment. In support of the clients transition, the position will assist young adults in gaining and sustaining employment, accessing personal and community resources, providing life skills training and support, to meet both client and contractual service requirements, in a manner that is culturally responsive, strengths based and trauma informed.
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits! Our Phoenix office, where this position is located, is directly on the light-rail line and close to restaurants and shopping. It also has a relaxing fountain in the lobby, and a Wellness room with walking treadmills, yoga mats, and dumbbells so you can enjoy some time for yourself in the office.
Essential Job Functions:
* Maintain contact with young adults, collateral persons and agencies to assist young adults to develop and maintain life skills and accomplish goals established, per contractual service requirements.
* Collaborate with young adult client to develop goals and service plan activities using a strength based, trauma informed approach.
* Provide individual support and services focusing on life skills development, including tutoring, transportation, individual education, and activities.
* Develop and facilitate trainings and workshops, providing skill development options focusing on issues common to adolescents preparing for independent living. This includes exploration and skill building in self-esteem, goal setting, healthy relations, broad vocational and career issues, safety, and emotional preparation for adulthood.
* Assist young adults in developing and accessing scholarships and grants for ongoing education and training.
* Be available outside of normal business hours to provide client services.
Minimum Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of 1 year experience working with adolescents or young adults.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer