Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Specialist II
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for helping others and making a positive impact on the community around you? Would you like to help us work toward building a better Arizona? As a Family Support Specialist II with Arizona's Children Association, you will have the opportunity to join us in our important work to achieve those goals. The Family Support Specialist II supports complex and high risk clientele by providing various activities that assist in supporting and building resilience within the family unit through engagement in a continuum of family-centered services that are coordinated, community-based, accessible, culturally responsive, strengths based and trauma informed. You may be working in a variety of settings including client’s home, school, or community and should be able to handle situations in a calm manner in line with agency BSM policy.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conduct a thorough client/family strengths and needs assessment, consulting supervisor as needed, utilizing the program specific protocol.
* Collaborate with the client/family through face-to-face interactions to build trust, evaluate safety, encourage hope and ensure ongoing engagement in services.
* Support the development and implementation of effective family centered behavior management techniques using a strength based trauma informed approach.
* Maintain objective, timely progress notes that reflect the service provided and client/family effort toward goals.
* Provide effective trauma informed crisis management by triage and stabilizing emergency situations.
* Effectively use de-escalation techniques, respond to the needs of a client/family in a timely manner and provide follow-up care.
* Provides or arranges for transportation of clients to medically necessary appointments as appropriate.
* Provide effective client discharge planning, including helping the family plan and prepare for aftercare services.
* Conduct trauma informed educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
* Be available outside of normal business hours to provide client services.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* 1 year of experience working in the behavioral health field with children.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer