Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families and practice from a trauma informed culture of care.
We have an opportunity for a Child Psychiatrist to join our team providing services either on-site at one of our west valley locations or via telemed. The Child Psychiatrist provides clinical services for children up to 18 years old, in the form of Psychiatric Evaluations and Psychiatric monitoring from a trauma informed perspective and works effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment and collaborates with each client’s child and family team.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off!
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Provides Psychiatric Evaluations on initial and/or annual basis as clinically indicated/outlined in ADHS guidelines. Provides Psychiatric Evaluations for second opinions per the Network of/or Agency’s request.
* Provides ongoing Psychiatric monitoring including medications.
* Provides reasonable Psychiatric coverage for client during transitions for care.
* Provides accurate documentation of services and interventions.
* Coordinates care with client’s primary care physician or medical specialists as clinically indicated.
* Attends Quarterly Medical Staff Meeting and local program meeting as indicated.
* Assists the client, family and other team members in the development of a strengths-based treatment plan and attend staffing as needed.
* Coordinates care with client’s other mental health professionals, case managers, school personnel and treatment team members.
* Must be able to safely and effectively monitor consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Performs other duties as assigned which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
* Provides In-Service training to the treatment to the treatment staff as needed
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Medical Doctorate in psychiatry from an accredited college or university.
* Board Eligible or Board Certified in General Psychiatry.
* Arizona licensure as a Medical Doctor
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Able to operate common office equipment and be computer literate with current knowledge of or the software programs used by the agency.
* Board Eligible or Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer