Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavior Coach I
at Arizona's Children Association
Would you like to help build a stronger Arizona for children and families? Would you like to make a direct impact, right in your own community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Behavior Coach. As a Behavior Coach with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to provide behavior management support and training to clients and families. You will also assess the family’s need for support, training and additional services; while acting as the program liaison to community and provider agencies; and providing crisis intervention as assigned.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Schedule
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conducts family and individual client strengths and ongoing needs assessments utilizing program specific protocol to monitor progress of the client and family as evidenced by record review, supervision and observations.
* Engages with the family through face to face interactions to build trust, encourage hope and ensure ongoing engagement in behavioral health services.
* Supports the development and implementation of effective, strength based, family centered plans with focus on parenting skills and behavior management techniques.
* Provides advocacy for children to ensure for the necessary structure, guidance and limits as evidenced by treatment plan.
* Completes and monitors documentation of clients’ records in accordance to agency and funding source requirements, including tracking of authorizations and contract deliverables, maintaining timely progress notes, foster parent licensure and all clinical records.
* Provides effective crisis management by triage and stabilizing emergency situations and effectively uses de-escalation techniques.
* Provides or arranges for transportation of clients to appointments as necessary.
* Designs behavioral contracts with clients and families as necessary.
* Provides effective discharge planning.
* Supports or provides educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
* Provides services in the community, in home, in school or work that may be outside of normal business hours, utilizing program specific protocol.
* May also provide crisis management, including assessing and providing appropriate responses, handling the situation calmly, with supervision, and/or referring/transitioning to SME or Supervisor when appropriate.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university preferred.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer