Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vet Tech II
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Vet Tech II
Department: Margaret McAllister Brock Veterinary Clinic
Location: Nina Mason Pulliam Campus for Compassion
Status: Full-Time (Overtime may be required)
Schedule: Monday Thursday, some Saturdays
Reports To: Veterinary Clinic Manager
Assist the Veterinarians and technicians in all aspects of our AAHA accredited clinic including front and back office duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check patients in/out for surgery.
- Assist Veterinarians and technicians in the evaluation, surgery, and recovery of spay/neuter and preventative wellness care for patients.
- Able to confidently perform anesthesia, prep, fluid therapy, laboratory procedures, injections, and medication.
- Jump in as needed with front desk reception activities such as answering multiple phone lines, filing, money handling, data entry and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of 2 year Veterinary Technician Associate's degree preferred.
- Strong animal handling skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a veterinary technician or assistant.
- Proficient in phlebotomy, immunology, parasitology, pharmacology, endocrinology, anesthesiology, surgical assisting, anatomy, and physiology.
- Experience with completing detailed paperwork quickly and accurately.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English; bilingual Spanish as plus.
Technical Proficiency with or ability to learn Chameleon software.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.