Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital Medical Appointment Supervisor
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Coordinates the care and treatment of animals coming in for medical appointments while in foster care. Compile and report all departmental activities of the overseen medical area. Train new staff members, oversees restocking and cleanliness of work areas, create staffing schedules, and coach staff as required. Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure efficient flow and treatment of all patients. Work with the Second Chance Hospital Manager to evaluate, update and implement new/existing policies and procedures to keep medical areas in adherence to all Veterinary Board and OSHA requirements. Float between locations as needed in order to support medical teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate, train, evaluate and direct the activities of the Foster Appointment Medical Team.
- Promote safety on a continual basis; promptly report all on-the-job injuries sustained by medical staff working in Foster Appointments to the Second Chance Animal Trauma Hospital Manager.
- Provide input to the SCATH manager on staff performance, policies, and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure that department goals are achieved.
- Perform and maintain regular customer service training and evaluation for Foster Medical Team.
- Perform technician duties alongside the Foster Medical Technicians.
- Coach employees on job performance by example and through formal trainings.
- Assist with interviews, coaching on job performance and add input on staff review.
- Exemplify core values of AHS of Innovation, Compassion and Excellence.
- Work closely with our Public Clinics in order to support their needs during down time, which would include events on our mobile truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma OR GED required.
- Graduation from technical school plus two years' practical experience in a veterinary clinic and at least one-year supervisory experience.
- Must be able to fulfill all duties of a Clinic Technician II or CVT.
- Strong communication skills
- Should have good interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
- Flexible work schedule
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic medical mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer, able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid AZ Driver's License and Insurance.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.