Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Off-site Adoptions Coordinator
at Arizona Humane Society
Coordinate and oversee the activities of Adoption Specialists. Ensure all daily adoption operations run smoothly. Work with the Adoptions Supervisor in the development and execution of special projects and incentives for the Adoptions department. Set an example of Excellent Experience Every time for both customers and internal employees and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as lead to the Adoption Specialists. Assist with training and directing the team in day-to-day operations. Handle Tier 1 customer escalations as necessary. Settle disputes involving the public and employee concerns.
- Responsible for the training of new employees and volunteers to handle all animals safely, provide adoption services and counseling to adopters, perform cashier duties, computer operation and data input, answer telephone inquiries and accurately complete all paperwork.
- Maintain a positive workplace that encourages team to develop as individuals and as a team. Encourage a culture of community and relationship building as employees speak to customers about adoptable pets.
- Assist the Adoptions leadership in tasks such as interviewing and hiring, employee counseling and documentation, performance evaluations, and corrective action per AHS guidelines.
- Be able to perform all duties and responsibilities of adoptions staff.
- Handle paperwork maintenance, the stocking of supplies and animal products in keeping with AHS policies and procedures.
- Initiate work schedules; monitor and approve time clocks; resolve team scheduling issues.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Engagement department to recruit, train and assign volunteers as Adoptions Ambassadors.
- When called upon, is responsible for the preparation and the facilitation of off-site adoption events including Waggin' Wheels.
- Interact with and assist other department coordinators and personnel as needed.
- Able to train and work at all adoptions locations to support department as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- High school diploma OR GED required.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to handle animals in all conditions and be able to train co-workers in job duties and safe animal handling procedures.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
- Should have experience in an animal welfare environment.
- Understanding of retail and cash handling operations is required.
- Must be able to function in an extremely stressful environment.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid AZ Driver's License with no moving violations and Insurance.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.