Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
You will be the first and last impression our clients have of their experience with us. The Clinic Receptionist will warmly greet clients and patients as they enter the clinic. He/she will handle telephone interactions with clients answering questions, accept medication inquiries and schedule appointments. General clerical duties will also be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service and compassionate care to all patients
- Work as a team with other receptionists to accomplish tasks
- Warmly greet clients who come into or call the facility
- Identify and meet the needs of the clients; explain delays
- Follow established clinic policies and procedures
- Maintain calm in waiting room by relocating clients or pets as needed
- Assist clients to/from their vehicles with pets/food/etc.
- Provide clients information on topics including but not limited to: hours of operation, client services, vaccination protocols, and basic pet health needs
- Refer all medical problems or conditions to the veterinarian
- Understand and utilize proper medical terminology
- Accurately relay information from doctor to client, and vice versa
- Document all medical conversation in patient record
- Accurate data entry and estimates
- Manage the clinic cash drawer by accurately processing payments (verifying client ID), maintaining accurate balances during business hours and properly closing the drawer at the end of the business day
- Properly check in hospitalization/surgery patients when called upon to do so by the technicians. Obtaining all pertinent information from the client and relay to the doctor. Obtaining proper estimate and deposits for such procedures. Ensure proper patient identification by placing collar/tag
- Properly discharge hospitalized patients when assistants or technicians cannot perform discharges. Provide client with necessary post-operative or post hospitalization instructions (both oral and written) and provide the client with all necessary medications
- Schedule clinic appointments
- Accurately link information into patient medical records
- Take messages for busy clinic staff members to include: caller name, time of call, nature of business. Communicate doctor schedule for return calls
- Check client emails and addressing in a timely and professional manner
- Accept medication refill &/or medical records requests from clients, utilizing protocols
- Sell retail products and dispenses prescription items per veterinarian's instructions
- Ensure confirmation of next days appointments
- Collect and distributes mail
- Clean, disinfect and maintain clinic to ensure patient safety
- Use down time productively
- Ability to prioritize tasks to maximize client satisfaction and patient needs
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Assist with training of new and current employees
- Maintain on-line pharmacy order requests in a timely manner
- Offer suggestions and ideas for improvement
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A team player who enjoys interaction with both people and pets. A friendly, caring and compassionate individual with great customer service skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma plus one year experience in a customer service OR receptionist position.
- Requires above average clerical skills, including legible handwriting, spelling and grammar as well as strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have at least one year of experience answering multiple phone lines and making appointments.
- Experience in the veterinary field preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Ability to speak fluently and write the English language. Spanish preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as medical records, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write and type patient histories and vital signs, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute, ratio and percent.
Technical Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Experience with Intravet practice management software desired. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Confidence around animals (i.e. dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc.). Good interpersonal skills (i.e. outgoing, pleasant, forms good working relationships with other team members, etc.)
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires repetitive motion involving the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders plus good dexterity for answering phones, writing and data entry. Good hearing and vision are necessary as well as the ability to talk loudly to project over sometimes very noisy animals. The clinic receptionist handles a high volume of telephone calls, customers and animals. He/she will be exposed to large numbers of potentially dangerous, fast-moving animals.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.