Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the public in a courteous and professional manner. Schedule wellness and vaccination appointments, surgery and post-op surgery re-checks. Assist with the collection and reporting of clinic data. Be knowledgeable of all discounts and programs. Responsible for cash handling and updating medical records and informational flyers. Manage several phone calls and return messages on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer clinic telephones and provide information on services available and fees for the services as well as information on vaccine and surgery protocols. Be knowledgeable and informative of all discounts and programs.
- Respond to telephone inquiries in a timely, accurate, courteous and professional manner.
- Schedule appointments for surgery, wellness, vaccination and post-op surgery re-checks. Appointments are scheduled at appropriate intervals and customer instructions are clear, accurate and concise.
- Check-in patients following clinic protocols for surgery and wellness checks, ensuring accuracy on records.
- Collect fees, enter in computer and make cash change as necessary. Balance the cash drawer daily.
- Provide home care instructions to clients and explain medication as needed. Check-out patients in an efficient manner.
- Assist technicians with appointments by weighing animals, making sure pre-surgical instructions were followed by the clients and that the surgical release and history forms are filled out by the client in accordance with the law.
- Conduct wellness clinics, recording in the computer all wellness services, lab tests and microchip information.
- Assist with updating reception informational flyers and medical records. General filing and front desk organization.
- Collect data and record in appropriate spreadsheets.
- Assure the front desk is well-stocked and that program records are in the correct colors. Handle program invoices as needed.
- Assist clients with MCACC vouchers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma plus one year experience in a customer service/receptionist position.
- Requires above average clerical skills, including legible handwriting, spelling and grammar as well as strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have at least one year of experience answering multiple phone lines and making appointments.
- Experience in the veterinary field preferred.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English; Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability handle cash and balance monies collected.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Experience with Intravet practice management software desired. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software (for use with animals in a shelter environment).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Regular attendance is required. Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires repetitive motion involving the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders plus good dexterity for answering phones, writing and data entry. Good hearing and vision are necessary as well as the ability to talk loudly to project over sometimes very noisy animals. The clinic receptionist handles a high volume of telephone calls, customers and animals. He/she will be exposed to large numbers of potentially dangerous, fast-moving animals.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org