Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled
First review of resumes: 8/19/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Specialist with PS Office of Eligibility Compliance and Oversight. This position is the primary liaison with DES leadership Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Monitors and evaluates DES reports and work activities for compliance with the AHCCCS/DES IGA. Identify problem areas, conduct research, and recommend corrective measures or improvements to areas of concern. Coordinate with DES to develop procedures related to AHCCCS programs. Research and interpret manuals, laws and regulations in order to make decisions and provide written policy clarifications.
* Responds to surveys and participate in audit reviews by responding to inquiries, providing information, researching questions; reviewing cases; keeping notes and coordinating with the auditors.
* Draft issue papers and policy impact statements as appropriate. Provide subject matter assistance for rules revisions. Confer with automation and other system development staff regarding impact of system changes and draft system requirements for enhancements or modifications.
* Review and evaluate the impact of proposed or planned changes in Federal and State laws and regulations on eligibility policies and procedures, forms, websites and brochures.
* Develop/revise policies, procedures, forms, and other materials as necessary to support the eligibility process for Medicaid/CHIP programs. Write instructional manuals for eligibility staff to implement eligibility policy subject to the guidelines and regulations set forth by superiors, laws, regulations and computer programs.
* Lead, contribute to and/or participate on training, Arizona Management System (lean) and system development/enhancement teams.
* Phase 1 of the Candidate selection process requires completion of a writing exercise within a required timeframe. Candidates are contacted by email
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Federal and State rules and regulations governing the Medicaid (Title XIX) programs and an understanding of how they are implemented
* Knowledge of technical writing and reading level specific writing
* Knowledge of project development which includes how to: analyze, research, interpret and then correctly apply Federal & State statutes, regulations, rules, policies and procedures
* Understanding of Arizona Management System and lean concepts
* Ability to lead, plan, negotiate, make decisions, meet deadlines and specified goals using discretion and good judgement
* Able to identify problems and troubleshoot computer issues
* Ability to interpret, evaluate, research and problem solve
* A Bachelor's degree in visual communications, English, technical writing, graphic design, OR related field; OR 3 years of experience in a Medicaid program with skills that include determining Medicaid financial eligibility; OR 3 years of experience in editing, technical writing and/or graphic design; computer assistance; management and project development; and data or situational analysis.
* Must possess a current and valid Arizona driver’s license
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.