Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 06/04/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Policy Analyst. The Policy Analyst works closely with DFSM leadership and sister division to oversee the development, interpretation, communication, writing and updating of DFSM claims policy for internal and external customers. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develops and updates policies for the division. Interprets AHCCCS policies, rules, regulations, sub-regulatory guidance, research changes and additions, identifies potential issues, and communicates impact of changes to division/agency/management.
* Works closely on cross-divisional policy updates and acts as a subject matter expert in regards to policy application. Analyzes, evaluates and makes recommendations for system changes/updates to improve efficiency, approve and monitor changes, and maintain documentation of changes.
* Provides professional and technical assistance, consults with providers, agencies, contractors, other state agencies, CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) representatives, other divisions and staff regarding AHCCCS benefits and reimbursement policy and procedure. Writes and maintains publications and manuals designed to accomplish this objective.
* Attends and represents the Division of Fee for Service Management at administrative hearings. Assists in representing DFSM on the payment of claims grieved through the AHCCCS/Office of Administrative Legal Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of business and technical writing techniques, research and analysis
* Knowledge of AHCCCS programs, rules and regulations, policy and procedures
* Ability to think strategically in making policy and recommendations
* Superior written and oral communication/presentation skills
* Skill in meeting facilitation
* Two to three years’ experience in health care delivery systems interpreting laws/rules and writing policies.
* Knowledge of AHCCCS’ Fee for Service population.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.