Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First resume review: 09/28/2018
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Opioid Epidemiologist. The Opioid Epidemiologist will assist the Chief Medical Officer and Clinical Initiatives Project Manager with data projects involved with implementation of the agency Opioid initiatives and will be responsible for development, oversight and monitoring of performance measures and evaluation methodology. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Data mining and analysis, including measurement and methodology construction
* Data for dissemination, including report writing and data-based PowerPoints
* Research-based activities, including literature reviews, translation of research for lay audiences
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Quantitative Methodology
* Skilled in Data Management and Analysis
* Ability to conduct data extraction, basic descriptive statistics and charting/graphing
* Knowledge of and proficiency with SPSS and other statistical software
* Extensive knowledge of MS Excel
* Work independently and produce work products with limited supervision
* Ability to translate research and data findings for multiple audiences
* Master’s level education in a public health or social science field is preferred
* At least two years of experience with SPSS, COGNOS, public health and translational research
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.