Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 06/10/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant is accountable for more detailed, autonomous responsibilities as well as expanded use of technology and a need to function at a more rapid pace. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Provide administrative support to the Operations Administrator, Contract/Policy Administrator, Operations Manager and other staff. Manage unit calendars. Will also serve as a back-up to the Assistant Director's assistant.
* Participate as member of Marketing Committee, receiving, tracking and preparing submission materials for review; composing and responding to marketing requests within established time frames; tracking submissions and responses.
* Scheduling and managing an extensive calendar of internal and external Unit meetings, preparing meeting materials, coordinating logistics, and recording minutes from the various meetings
* Autonomously draft communications and tools related to projects assigned; and develop spreadsheets, reports, etc. as requested by staff.
* Conduct simple analyses on research topics within defined parameters established by the Administrators and Managers in the Operations Units.
* Oversee the electronic time entries (ETEs) for the Operations Unit, making sure staff submit their ETEs and track and maintain leave request schedules.
* Comply with data retention policies and processes and regularly clear out electronic and hard copy files in accordance with requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Experience using Google products: Gmail, Calendar
* Excellent customer service skills; effective oral and written communication
* Experience with WebEx and conference line scheduling procedures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to enhance cooperation of various levels within the agency.
* Ability to establish priorities and effectively complete multiple tasks; work independently or with minimal supervision.
* Three years of experience providing administrative support to upper management level staff.
* Two years of college or university education.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.