Agua Fria Union School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agua Fria Union School District
Openings as of 4/3/2020
- Bus Driver JobID: 1526
- Position Type:
Transportation Services/Bus Driver
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled Additional Information:
AGUA FRIA UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 216 FILE NO: GDA
Board Policy and District Procedures
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Bus Driver
Work Calendar: 10-month (195 days)
Hours Per Day: 6.5
I. General Description:
Operates school transportation vehicles and provides safe transportation services to and from school and extra-curricular activities for AFUHSD students.
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Must be 21 years of age, possess or acquire a valid AZ Commercial Driver License (CDL) class B with P and S endorsements, and an AZ Bus Driver Certificate.
3. Exemplary driving record with no more than 8 points in the past 39 months or repeated violations in the past 10 years. Proof of 39 month driving record must be obtained from the Motor Vehicle Department annually.
4. Must obtain and maintain CPR and first aid certification.
5. Must pass physical examination and annual drug screening as prescribed by AAC R17-9-102.
6. Must be in good physical health and have the ability to stoop, climb, reach, push, pull, or lift weights in excess of 50 pounds.
7. Experience driving school buses or heavy trucks preferred.
8. Ability to assist students with disabilities in loading, transferring, securing and unloading.
9. Knowledge of Agua Fria and metro geographical area, roads, bus stops and school bus routes.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
2. Transport students on regular assigned runs and special assignments.
3. Perform pre and post trip inspections. Check operation of wheelchair lift securement system for safe operation.
4. Transport students on educational field trips and sporting events, locally and out of town.
5. Monitor and maintain discipline. Submit written referrals when appropriate.
6. Conduct mandatory emergency evacuation drills.
7. Administer first-aid when necessary.
8. Maintain interior and exterior of bus. Clean and sanitize District buses, vans and cars.
9. Provide special assistance to special education students when transporting and accessing the bus. Operate a wheelchair lift. Transfer students into bus seat or utilize wheelchair securement system to safely transport students.
10. Respond to requests for back up assistance.
11. Provide feedback and information related to route design and updates.
12. Submit an electronic work order of defects and non-operational findings to mechanics when necessary.
13. Ensure video equipment is functioning properly and report if non-operational.
14. Must be capable and willing to drive any vehicle assigned.
15. Must be able to perform duties in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
16. Observe all state and federal mandatory safety regulations and District policy.
17. Report all citations and accidents and complete required forms.
18. React professionally in an emergency.
19. Submit to random, periodic and post accident drug/alcohol testing.
20. Attend and participate in department meetings and training.
21. May be required to travel to perform work functions.
22. Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
23. Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students, staff, parents and community.
24. Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
25. Performs other related duties as assigned.
FLSA – Non-Exempt
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!