Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional ($150 bonus potential)
The Opportunity Tree is hiring ten Direct Support Professionals!
This is an immediate hire opportunity for You!
The Opportunity Tree…previously the Arizona Foundation for the Handicapped
We have open shifts for Direct Support Professionals in group homes, HCBS, Day Training Programs throughout Phoenix, in Casa Grande, and in Maricopa.
The Opportunity Tree has several locations to choose from and a variety of shifts available.
THIS IS US! The Opportunity Tree!
We support the greatest folks in the world- our folks who give smiles and hugs just because we care! Folks that others say have disabilities... we say our folks have abilities! We make sure our folks get what they need and want! We promote our folks to be independent and have the most productive lives ever! A lot more we can talk about when you come visit us!
Check us out at http://www.azafh.org
LET'S MAKE A TRADE!! What we want!!
Positiveness (yeah, a made up word)
People skills AND What you get!!
To work with a bunch of great people
A rewarding career
Sense of achievement
And YES, we throw in lots of benefits too!!
Ten paid vacation days-year one!
Nine paid holidays-year one!
Eight paid sick day-year one!
100% Paid medical insurance premiums-after only 90 days of employment!
100% Paid dental insurance premiums -after only 90 days of employment!
100% Paid life insurance premiums -after only 90 days of employment!
Come join us with the following valid and current certifications and you will be paid a $150 bonus after six full pay periods. You must discuss the bonus during the application and hiring process to be eligible so print this ad out and come visit us today!
* Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
* CPR certificate
* First Aid certificate
* Article 9 certificate
* Prevention and Support certificate
* Driver license with eligible to drive status
Come join The Opportunity Tree team today!
Come visit us at
3146 E. Windsor Ave in Phoenix
209 W. 1st Street in Casa Grande
19756 N John Wayne Parkway, Ste. #108, Maricopa 85139
between Monday and Friday!
You will most likely be able to speak with someone right after completing the application and in many cases, a hiring decision is made on the spot!
NOTE: You will receive $11.00 per hour with the following requirements.
Be hired for the HCBS program
Have a minimum of 3 months in the IDD field
The following certifications to be current and in hand to provide to us to be copied:
Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Job Summary: The Direct Support Professional-Residential supports and assists Members with developmental disabilities in developing/enhancing basic living and other life skills, promoting independence and individual choice.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervision of the Members' health, safety, and security to include assistance with Activities of Daily Living (eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulation, and continence).
2. Coordinates the instruction and supervision of the Members in appropriate basic activities of daily living skills and recreational events in accordance with the Person Centered Plan.
3. Encourage the Members to develop and maintain positive interpersonal skills.
4. Coordinate transportation, transport, and/or accompany according to their Person Center Plan.
5. Ensure proper medication procedures are followed for the Members.
6. Ensure physicians' orders are implemented correctly.
7. Responsible for developing/assisting to develop, implementing, documenting, and monitoring of each Member's program.
8. Responsible for communicating progress and issues in a timely manner to the appropriate staff.
9. Responsible for planning and maintaining Member's and household accounts.
10. Responsible to maintain all other records/paperwork and submit documentation per assigned timelines.
11. Maintain safe home environment in keeping with Arizona Licensing Standards/THE OPPORTUNITY TREE Policy.
12. Perform daily job duties in a safe and healthy manner, including the use of proper techniques when lifting individuals, household items, etc... and completing first aid/CPR as needed.
13. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding Members and THE OPPORTUNITY TREE.
14. Compliant with attendance rules.
15. Promote and maintain a collaborative and respectful working environment and a line of communications with all stakeholders of THE OPPORTUNITY TREE.
16. Comply and enforce the Policies, Procedures, and Regulations of THE OPPORTUNITY TREE.
17. Other job duties as assigned.
Minimum of 18 years of age
1. Arizona driver license with Non-Restricted Motor Vehicle Record and compliance per the requirements of THE OPPORTUNITY TREE's insurance carrier.
2. Communicate in English; speech, write and read.
3. Experience: Preferred in the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) field.
4. Education: High school diploma or GED
5. Knowledge: Beginner MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, web browsing
6. Personal enthusiasm for participation in a non-profit organization, which provides services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
7. Positive attitude and ability to represent THE OPPORTUNITY TREE effectively in the community. Ability to work collaboratively as a team member with Members, staff, families, funders and stakeholders.
8. Successful completion and maintain all required training which may include CPR, First Aid, and Prevention and Support.
9. Successfully meet AZ-DPS requirements for Fingerprint Clearance Card.
10. Reliable transportation and possible travel for THE OPPORTUNITY TREE business.
11. Skills to include but not limited to knowledge of principles in staff interaction, task productivity, time management, problem identification and resolution administration.
Key words: Direct Support Professional , Direct Care Worker, Attendant, Group Home, HCBS, Day Program, DTA