Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Coordinator
at Adelante Healthcare
The Front Office Coordinator is an entry level leadership role, responsible for the facilitation of work-flow while acting as the liaison between the front office staff and other clinical and non-clinical staff. Provides mentoring and guidance to front office staff.
The Front Office Coordinator will have meet all the expectations outlined in the roles for Front Office Assistant and Senior Front Office Assistant. The Front Office Coordinator will have maintained the highest level of professionalism and performance by receiving exceeds or greater on annual performance appraisals and remaining free of any active formal disciplinary process.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Will be a professional role model and participate in community events that promote good health and contribute to greater awareness and understanding in the communities we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Current CPR certification
- Three or more years of front desk experience or demonstrated competency with the skills and abilities of this level
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Proficient mathematical skills for use in a healthcare setting
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Advanced computer efficiency to include Windows, MS Office and Patient Management System (electronic medical record)
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
- Greets all patients and offers assistance with questions, or directs them to appropriate person or location
- Responsible for answering the phone, greeting callers, establishing the reason for call and resolving issues or referring to appropriate person
- Maintains and distributes patient documentation in an organized manner
- Accurately enter all patient demographics and all other required information into practice management system
- Obtains patient registration information and enter into computer system
- Identifies financial status of patients regarding sliding fee scale, insurance or discounts. Refers to eligibility as needed.
- Verifies third party payer coverage and billing information - insurance, etc.
- Assists with the correction of billing information as needed
- Prepares financial batch daily for processing
- Accurate handling of cash drawer and daily receipts
- Schedules patient appointments for medical providers via the computerized EPM
- Scans documents into electronic health record
- Knowledge of and participates in Adelante UDS measures, meaningful use metrics and other quality initiatives by assisting with audits and other data collection
- Maintain appropriate level of office supplies, medical forms at work station
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
- Evaluates problems, situations or issues presented and understands priority while assisting with resolution using critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participates in training and mentoring of new hires
- Works on prior authorizations and referrals for patient required services
- May prepare daily deposit of collections and bank deposit
- Assists with problem solving daily batch error resolutions
- Competent or knowledgeable of multiple specialties and/or departments
ADDITIONAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Serves as subject matter expert for the Front Office Assistants and Senior Front Office Assistants
- Problem solves billing issues for peers and patients
- Prepares daily deposit of collections and performs bank deposit
- Participates in regulatory reviews, audits and process improvement projects
- Participates with interviewing, selection, training and performance appraisal of staff
- Provides staffing for coverage needs as assigned
- Coordinate workflow and staff schedules to ensure coverage
- Completes communication circle with patients and other customers
- Participates in ordering of supplies and inventory management
- Member of and required to attend committee or work group meetings
- May process charge entry, unbilled and work-log reports
- Assures efficient, accurate collection and handling of transactions
- Participates, monitors and reports audits, quality and compliance measures
- Initiates request for maintenance of equipment and facilities as needed