Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dental Assistant Coordinator
at Adelante Healthcare
The Dental Assistant Coordinator will be responsible for the facilitation of work-flow within the dental department, while acting as the liaison between the back office dental staff and other clinical and non-clinical staff. Entry level leadership positions that provides mentoring and guidance to back office dental staff. The Dental Assistant Coordinator will meet all the expectations and requirements outlined in the roles for Dental Assistant and Sr. Dental Assistant.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Will be a professional role model and participate in community events that promote good health and contribute to greater awareness and understanding in the communities we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES
GENERAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Prepares for the patient appointment by reviewing and updating patient records prior to patient arrival
- Obtain and record the patients’ vital signs according to protocol for patients age
- Prepare dental operatory and patient for the type of exam/procedure to be performed
- Maintains patient confidentiality following all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Documents accurately all patient information in electronic health record and electronic dental record
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with patients and other members of the care team at all times
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments per protocol
- Has knowledge of all dental office procedures
- Provides clear instructions to patients regarding after care
- Reviews patient treatment plan and educates patient on discharge instructions
- Evaluates problems, situations or issues presented and understands priority while assisting with resolution using critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Participates in orientation, mentoring and training of staff
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
DENTAL ASSISTANT POSITION RESPONSIBILITES/ESSENTIAL:
- All responsibilities/essential functions will be performed per dental department protocols and dentist’s or dental hygienist’s direction, and where applicable, in accordance with state regulations and laws
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answer their questions and give directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or dental hygienist.
- Serve as dentist’s or dental hygienist’s chair-side assistant.
- Prepare the operatory for patient treatment.
- Expose dental radiographs
- Perform independent procedures as delegated and directed.
- Maintain Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s directions.
- Maintain all Dental Department areas in compliance with procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintain adequate operatory supplies and compile a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Receive and place necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business, and patient care of the Dental Department.
- Assist with various clinical and administrative functions as appropriate and as time permits.
- Ensure the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment.
- Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials.
- Perform all functions in full compliance with the clinic and the Dental Department Exposure Control Plan including but not limited to the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Universal Precautions.
- Participate in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Travel when necessary to meet operational needs.
- Perform other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives as directed by a supervisor, including covering and/or assisting in the front office.
- Responsible for full personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures including but not limited to the participation of a Dental Assistant in the provision of clinical dental care, as well as those relating to, but not limited to personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
ADDITIONAL POSITION REPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL
- Serves as subject matter expert for all levels of Dental Assistants
- Participates in regulatory reviews, audits and process improvement projects
- Participates with interviewing, selection, training and performance appraisals
- Provides staffing for coverage needs as assigned
- Coordinate workflow and staff schedules to ensure coverage
- Completes communication circle with patients and other customers
- Participates in ordering of supplies and inventory management
- Member of and required to attend committee or work group meetings
- Initiates request for maintenance of equipment and facilities as needed
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees will maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
- Graduation from an approved dental assistant training program with three or more years’ experience
- Current CPR and (BLS) certification
- Arizona Dental Radiology certificate required
- Arizona Coronal Polish certificate required
- Arizona Expanded Functions Certificate required
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Effective and professional communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Advanced computer efficiency to include Windows, MS Office and Patient Management System (electronic medical record)
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements.
- Proficiency in EDR and EHR programs
- Basic computer efficiency
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public.
- Knowledge of modern dental materials, their storage, handling and applications.
- Knowledgeable of the expectations and concerns of the dental patients and able to respond in an empathetic and professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid AZ driver’s license
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare’s mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status