Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ace Asphalt
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for coordinating and planning of heavy civil construction projects to include dirt, aggregate, asphalt and concrete work. Responsible for crews having the materials when they need them, the correct tools, the right working environment, the correct information, the right equipment and enough manpower to get the work done on time and within budget. The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating with the Management Team and all Superintendents to track labor and production costs on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain multiple projects at one time
- Manage staff if/when necessary
- Act as a primary customer contact for all issues relating to the scope of work
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external customers to resolve all issues arising from the performance of the customer's specification and other contract terms and conditions
- Review and detail contract specifications and contract requirements to ensure company compliance and customer satisfaction
- Prepare all necessary submittals to meet customer requirements including Engineering submittals, product data sheets, column data and test reports, etc.
- Attend pre construction meetings or other customer required meetings as needed
- Prepare and maintain project schedules. Schedules will include a detailed breakdown of all time lines for the completion of the contracted project as well as cost loading.
- Coordinate all milestone dates and any changes with the appropriate internal and external customers
- Issue and reconcile purchase orders (PO)
- Monitor and coordinate all project scope of work changes: Including the preparation of Request for Quote forms, review of change order request forms for accurate descriptions and pricing of work scope change, preparation and submittal of sales order addendum to implement the changed scope of work and assist with final negotiations with the customer of any outstanding or contested issue
- Assist the Management Team in resolving internal concession(s) with internal departments concerning issues that do not require customer approval and that meet form, fit and function.
- Resolve external concession(s) with the customer that involve non - compliance with customer specifications qualifications
Skill / Requirements
- 6+ years of previous project management experience, preferably in the construction industry
- High school diploma required, post-secondary education in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field of study preferred
- Requires strong managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to be a positive leader with experience leading, facilitating, teaching and coaching teams of people in successful endeavors
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understand business and industry technology
- Must demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Must be able to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of cost control systems, computerized estimating, quantity takeoff and scheduling programs
- Ability to work with Sr. Management, accounting, payroll and field personnel
- Be customer focused, willing to work nights and weekends when needed and be committed to supporting the company’s safety program
- MS Office and Sales software proficiency
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project skills required
- Must be able to pass drug test
- Clean driving record
- This position requires the ability to prioritize, organize, and manage one's schedule with minimal supervision
- Time will be split between office and jobsites